A little work on American subjects the past few days. First Ive finally finished some of the more spindly bits of the locomitive, cab steps and feedwater brackets. The steps were originally printed in resin, however after trying to fit one on a brass rod and snapping it in two I put in an order on shapeways for the same parts in brass. I now have to work out the feedwater piping coming off the tender and how that will attach to the locomotive. Im hoping I can make magnets work. Some other work saw the flatcar bed get a coat of shellac (needs another coat) and new trucks. Old on the left, new on the right. The old ones were G1 trucks and the new ones were G3 trucks with bad whitemetal bolsters. Both have G3 wooden bolsters now. Because they were to be swapped on an already built car, they had to be the same height. Luckily after so much scratchbuilding I have quite the library of custom maple sections so sorting out the right combination was fairly simple. Also the larger truck wheelbase suits the flatcar more and I want to use the old trucks for a short ore hopper Ive got an old kit for. Yeah its intended to be a narrow gauge hopper but its only a scale foot or so smaller widthwise. And lastly I made up some more coupler pins today and have chained them to the car ends so I dont keep losing them.