...... and we're not talking about irate clippies..... Whilst waiting for my LT decals attention turned towards some of the infrastructure - namely the conductor rails. The conductor rails were obtained from Kalgarin Models and the insulator pots from Roxey. Firstly I made up a jig from styrene to enable the pilot holes for the insulator pots to be drilled at the correct distance from the running rails. It doubles up for the centre negative (return) and outside positive conductor rails. I also made up two conductor rail ramps - one short and the other long. They are made up from pieces of conductor rail and scrap nickel silver etch for the ramp. These will form patterns as I shall be casting them. I also built a proper LT display track just to get a feel for installing the 3rd and 4th rails. Closer... Closer still... just messing about with conductor rail joints. Other items to be made as patterns for casting are the switch cabinets and cable hangers - these are my photos taken from a Marylebone - Aylesbury train during the early 80's when you could open train windows. These are the later style cabinets- the earlier style had pitched roofs.