A short break

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Thank you all for the kind thoughts, funny story is I sometimes tell folks that I am glad that I am 74 and not 47 given lots of things these days,,,,,,hmmm might have to re visit that saying. I am pleased that I received excellent care from the get go when I called 911 they were at the house within 5 minutes. John Duffy funny that you mentioned kits I have quite a few Ratio kits 4mm of GWR 4 wheelers, a Dundas toad, and a couple of Daipol plastic 6100 class and a few Cooper craft 7mm GWR wagons and finally a slaters C10 clearstory coach. Yes we all “Keep skeletons in the drawer” perhaps I will look at them differently now. Been a long night and now looking forward to some breakfast.
Michael

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Michael,
my late father-in-law was also 74 when he required triple work on the pump plumbing. We were half way through building my 12m by 5m workshop. It was this time of year and half of the workshop was built and watertight, so we just stopped and waited for the sun to appear. By that time he was over the op and ready to go and so we built the rest of the workshop. We (as in he and me) lifted the remaing 5 roof joists, all in the region of 150kg, up on to the walls using two step ladders at either end. The moral? A very full recovery is possible!
Good luck!
Simon
PS 'Late' as in prostate got him nine years later

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Michael, I have just emerged from bed having had a severe cold for a week (even my wife, a retired nurse, said I looked dreadful) and I will be getting a check up very soon. So I missed your saga and am now delighted to read of the positive outcome. Take it slowly, not advice I take too easily, but I did look after an emergency open heart surgery patient for several months, so know it is the right thing to do. Next time it snows, as the song goes “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!”

Best wishes, Paul

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Simon, thanks for sharing your father’s story, that’s encouraging. I was expecting to go home yesterday but the echocardiogram results surprised the doctors as they found out that there was some damage that happened a long time ago and that my heart was weaker than expected. They kept me in so as to adjust my medication to help improve the efficiency of the pump. They are positive they can get the balance right between the pressures and thinners. And I was so looking forward to that part time job digging ditches. Guess I’m going to have to settle for testing armchairs for a couple of weeks.
Michael

Neil

Western Thunderer
Testing armchairs is no bad thing. It's amazing what effects modern meds can have. Mrs R first had heart problems about twenty years ago and after her first spell in hospital could only manage to walk half way down the hospital corridor before needing a rest, these days purely down to her medication, regime a mile round trip to the shops is a normal journey.

adrian

Flying Squad
Thanks for all the well wishes, things went well a stent was put in to the artery to the heart everything looks really good procedure was smooth and I am now in recovery and a couple of days of rest and I should be back to normal
Really glad to hear you got a good plumber in and wish you all the best for the recovery. Did the medical staff understand what your version of "normal" is?

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Hi everyone, thanks again for all the wonderful well wishes, I am testing my lazy boy armchair at home with a cup of tea. Got a bucket full of medication now so picked up one of those fancy pill boxes so that I can keep track of what when. My right foot seems to be behaving in a naughty way so the physiotherapist gave me a couple of lessons this morning1 how to use the loaner walker and how to go up and down steps they assured me this is temporary so I might have to do some kitchen table model work fo a bit, those kits are doing a bit of pulling from their hideout. Recommendation on which to tackle first?
Michael

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Good to hear you are home Michael. Make good use of that kitchen table time.

John
Absolutely but I substituted the table in the office,

IMG_0933x1024.jpg
Onwards and upwards (but not the BP).
Take care.
Tim
Judy Carried the shopping bag full of the bits from another Project that I have been tinkering away on. A couple of years ago I purchased a set of wheels for the G1RMA "Dee" project for Live steam. Since then I changed my mind (who ever does that) and the wheels which are so nice needed a project. and also I decided that I would rather it be a P2. I know the wheel sizes are all a bit off but a bit of creative license, and the drawing that was published a while back in Railway modeller, and the wonderful article by Peter Dobson in the March 2005 issue was enough to get me started a while back. Now seems like a good time to move it forward a bit, and eventually have my hybrid P2 lope around the garden track.

IMG_0934x1024.jpg

At least I can stay in the house and enjoy some simple card work in between naps and cups of tea.

Michael