ALSRM show in Reading 11/May/13

Ian G

Western Thunderer
I picked up another m & m pipe wagon with a set of wood interior. The 2nd steam brake down crane book, a selection of bits from CPl for my siphon, had a good nose around and like the volume of sound on the locos,

Ian G

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I really enjoyed seeing those three layouts too, Tom. Worcester Road in G1 was a delight to gaze at, even with movements limited to 'into and out of' the shed. So much interesting detail to take in. The weathering on these layouts was consistent and contributed greatly to the illusion of reality.

Another thing - I found myself complementing operators for the perfect sound levels on the 'oilers'. As you approached an engine it became prominent, but as you (or the engine) moved off the noise receded, just as in real life.

I asked for and received a lot of good advice. All in all a delightful day, a great atmosphere and loads of space to wander. The local groups had put on some nice photographic displays. I ran out of time to go back and chat with the guy who had a stunning collection of rail motors.
I did get distracted by the larger scales but held my cool. However I now have a few more bits and pieces for a scattergun cameo scene in a larger scale!

Ian G

Western Thunderer
My little haul yesterday.

The pipe will be up for an iar brake conversion along with the one I bought at Kettering, I saw the wooden interior and picked up 2 sets.

Pipe 1.jpg

Battery boxes from CPL for my Syphon, lamp irons for my G6/Beattie.
Brass 1.jpg

Ian G