Brassmasters Blk 45026

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
A bit of steady, if somewhat slow, progress has been made in between visits to Robin Whittle's marvellous Barrow Road layout to run some existing models (Mike Garwood has posted some photos and made some rather flattering comments in his Workspace thread. Thanks Mike.), taking advantage of fine weather to put some mileage on my Husky motorbike and social life.
The basic footplate unit and cab structure have been assembled but plenty of detail parts need to be added.
In these views, the cab is just placed in position and not attached to the footplate. Although I've called it the "footplate", I've also seen it described as the "running plate" and I believe the official railway term was "framing". I think that the footplate was just the bit in the cab. Is there a consensus view on the correct terminology?
BM_Blk5_45026_019.JPGBM_Blk5_45026_020.JPGBM_Blk5_45026_021.JPG
Dave.

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Right. Following my comments on Mike G's Workspace, I've knuckled down and fixed the cab to the footplate. Prior to fixing, I added some of the internal details including the driver's seat and reverser mounting from the kit and scratched some representations of the exhaust injector water feed control mechanism and the coal watering pipe, valve and pet pipe, on the fireman's side. I remembered to fit the sliding cab windows before folding in the tabs that mount the cab turn-ins at the rear.
BM_Blk5_45026_022.JPGBM_Blk5_45026_023.JPG

Dave.