Church Norton

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Nearly at the finish, I still have the guttering & down pipes to fit, and also install some form of lighting to at least show that there are some internal fittings. The block instruments and lever frame are now in place, leaving just the usual comfy chair and table, etc.

5E377012-A8B3-460D-BF62-DD5FA10722F6.jpeg

0534E65D-C1E9-42FC-AE0F-5BF48EF1D84D.jpeg

Martyn.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Agreed John - and the commentary really makes it special.
Jonathan Guilbert also has a set of 8 excellent short films showing operations on the Astley Green colliery system - it was a tough life for those locos!

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Really excellent bit of film, it reminded me of when we d iscovered Croydon B with sadle tanks and mineral wagons. I even got a footplate ride
John

Last edited:

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Major work is underway on Church Norton due to a school boy error :confused:. Originally the platforms were to be sited parallel to each other on a 6’ radius curve, well after looking at the distance the poor passengers would have to jump to reach the platforms, something had to be done I mean the coaching stock sat at the platforms and resembled a thruppenny bit! So now the platforms are being sited on a very gentle curve and will also be staggered, hence the latest addition nearing completion. Not the easiest of builds, but I’m happy with the “ nearly “ finished item.

At present I am away from the workshop and have been demoted to the kitchen table, so apologies for the untidiness and also to my wife for putting up with me ;).

4B915FF9-9021-41D3-84FD-5E85AC368184.jpeg

Cheers,

Martyn.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
That looks superb and we did discuss a long time ago about staggered platforms. Will look superb I’ve no doubt

Cheers Steve,

I’m just deciding on what colour to paint the footbridge, chocolate and cream, dark and light stone GWR, etc. There was one at Evesham but that one I think was under the Midland and was painted a drab off cream possibly originally white. Decision, decisions......

Martyn.

simond

Western Thunderer
Martyn

not C&C, that won’t do!

Dark & light stone would be my choice, but I think your era is rather later than mine.

nice looking kit, good build, very crisp, I bet you’re pleased with it. I would be!

re the comfy chair, the Modelu one is really nice.

Atb
Simon

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon,

Yes I enjoyed the build, it’s a Churchward kit originally, now being supplied through Phoenix paints. I am modelling the fifties, so I agree the dark and light stone will suit it best.

re the comfy chair, a Modelu one is now installed in a fetching green leather....

3FD26B72-C726-4A53-BD7D-C38D74BE377B.jpeg

ATB,

Martyn.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
If you’ve done your station and signal box in light and dark stone then I’d stick with that. Chocolate and cream would be my preference but I’m a few years on from your time period. I would have thought that the paint work would be looking a little worn by the mid 50’s though

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Steve,

I will stick to the light and dark stone, I have those colours in the Phoenix paints, but I was wondering if there is a near match for the light stone in an aerosol before I get the airbrush out.

Martyn.