Eastern Counties Railway in G3

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
A couple of photos showing progress with two ECR wagons. Using 3D printed underframes, buffers, boltheads and stanchions and laser cut ply for the bodies. They're both built from a drawing in the NRM collection which shows the round ended wagon as a development of the three plank.
The round end wagon and Open excursion carriage can be seen in an early photo of the first station in Harwich Town: http://www.harwichanddovercourt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/7222381686_ba80970e1a_b.jpg

20210109_133036.jpg

The wheels are slaters, with tyres and flanges turned down for me by Walsall Model Industries. 20210109_133127.jpg

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
After those two wagons I'll be building a goods break van (which uses the same underframe) and that will be all of the ECR goods stock that I'm aware drawings exist of. If anyone knows of any others, please let me know.

The ECR did buy a large number of Chauldron wagons to transport coal for the Northumberland and Durham Coal Co. to the Thames Wharf, so I'll be looking for suitable drawings to build two or three of them.