G1MRA Show at Shepshed this Saturday

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Hi all, a bit belated but G1MRA is holding a show this Saturday (25/04/15) at Shepshed in Leicestershire.
Two gauge one layouts and for a change a 16mm layout as well plus lots of traders to empty your wallets.
More details on the G1MRA website www.g1mra.com
see some of you there maybe, regards to all, Rob

Attachments

• Event Advert 2-1.pdf
    471.6 KB · Views: 12

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
Good to see that the G1 folk are holding shows that welcome non-G1MRA members..... If I wasn't elsewhere I'd likely have come along.

Simon

Flying Squad
Sadly I will be missing this year as I'm taking the books to the RMweb members day in Taunton on Sunday, despite kind offers of hospitality from Cookie the logistics of being at both on following days would frazzle me.

Have a good time and someone please persuade Trevor (Taylor) to do a corridor composite version of his fab G1 coaches, especially in Southern Region green:thumbs:

Simon

Last edited:

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Looking forward to it tomorrow, should be as much social as it is wallet emptying :)
Will be taking models up to sell and walking around with a list that says 'stop me and buy one' :D

AndyB

Western Thunderer
I'll be there in the morning with train-loving daughter (2 y.o.) and a small shopping list of bits'n'bobs for various G3 projects - a new steam one included!

Andy

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Nice trip to Shepshed on Saturday, no traffic at that time in the morning arrived before the opening time but then I thought it was 10am.

Bumped into Richard and had a nice chat to him, he introduced me to Steve Cook, so I've now got to know another face to previous name only.

Picked up a nice set of loss wax s/c buffers from Walsall models for the box van, which is still under development. Joined G1RMA as they were waving the £8 postage cost so for £20 I felt it was too good a deal to miss. It was also nice to meet up with Dick Thompson and John Dale again who've I've known for a long time.

Dave

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Well the 'Stop me and Buy One' sign didn't work in terms of sales, but it did generate some laughs and a few raised eyebrows :)
I managed to sell the Autocoach by virtue of having it displayed on Peter Alliots coach stand, the 14xx and Slaters Milk tanks came home with me though.

I didn't manage to find anything suitable for @Jon Nazareth unfortunately, but having a good luck through the various stands meant I found some scale couplings for the Castle and some vac pipes and ventilators for the PMV (whenever that climbs back on top of the job list). I spent most of the day chatting to people, met Dave above for the first time, managed to take only one photo, failed to find half of what I wanted in terms of materials or components but did meet the author of the latest G1 book on coal firing and had a good chat about that.

Ironically the highlight of the day was seeing one of my 'bucket list locos', a TME Vale of Rheidol, running on coal. The owner was kind enough to invite me and Dikitriki around the back of the track for a demonstration on building a coal fire, it smelt wonderful when running.

VoR Regan.jpg

Overall, an excellent day out, rounded off with a pint with Arty and John Taylor in the pub and a massive Chinese round Arty's house.

Steve

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Not really is the best answer to that one I'm afraid. Chris is hoping to retire shortly and the G1 locos he is currently building are the last of the TME scheduled productions. However, he is still keeping an order book open - you can register an interest against a specific loco type, or just an interest in anything he makes. He make no promises at all as to whether he will do another batch of anything, but if he does and your name is down, you will at least be considered.
Its a shame really, I don't see anybody stepping into the gap he leaves and his work is brilliant, especially when you consider the quantities he has produced at that quality. He has earnt his retirement though and from what I understand he is going to carry on making things, just for himself this time round :)
Well deserved IMO.
HTH
Steve

Arty

Western Thunderer
Nice trip to Shepshed on Saturday, no traffic at that time in the morning arrived before the opening time but then I thought it was 10am.

Bumped into Richard and had a nice chat to him, he introduced me to Steve Cook, so I've now got to know another face to previous name only.

Picked up a nice set of loss wax s/c buffers from Walsall models for the box van, which is still under development. Joined G1RMA as they were waving the £8 postage cost so for £20 I felt it was too good a deal to miss. It was also nice to meet up with Dick Thompson and John Dale again who've I've known for a long time.

Dave

Good to meet up with you again, Dave. 'twas a good show, lots to spend your money on.
Keep posting the pics.

Richard/Dick

AndyB

Western Thunderer
Those TME locos were the star of the show (amongst the trade) for me. Unfortunately junior was getting a bit tired and overwhelmed by then, so I couldn't carry on asking all the questions I would have liked to.
Good to meet up with Arty, Steve and John T.
Didn't manage to buy the materials I had on my list - but a useful stop by 'Just the Ticket' to have a look at (and measure of) their extruded ali coach roofs, as I've been thinking about something similar in G3.
Juniors's show was made by the chap running his Jubilee (big smile) who let her operate the whistle when we came back to see it again, and a big hug with the bear on the 'Able Cases' stand.
Apologies to anyone who nearly tripped over her!
Andy