1/32 Gauge 1: Primrose Line

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hello to all, I thought I should start my own thread of my garden railway. There is still a lot to do and if Covid hadn't happened I would have had a station by now.

The railway is double track with 10 fitted points and as you can see a over girder bridge. The layout is 67 feet long by 31 feet at the widest part. After this winter there wasn't a lot to do in repair, just some gaps at the joiners had shrunk. I may have to replace a couple of the widest ones.

So to start with I'm posting again the photos I'd added to Keith Philips thread 'The Hollywater line'. These were taken on the 15th of March. Afterwards I realised I was running wrong line direction and the Toad's lamps were facing the wrong way.

Running on Rly_2 15-03-21.jpg
Running on Rly_3 15-03-21.jpg Running on Rly_4 15-03-21.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
I managed to have another running session yesterday in the late afternoon as it the Sun is low, as it shows off the railway. So here's are some photos this time with the 14xx (1466) and the Toad facing the other way round.

Running on Rly_5 24-03-21.jpg
Running on Rly_7 24-03-21.jpg

My Children bought me the Station sign so this is the reason the railway is called 'The Primrose Line' and we live in 'Primrose House'

Running on Rly_8 24-03-21.jpg
Running on Rly_9 24-03-21.jpg

This one I've included to show off the blossom on the plum tree.

Running on Rly_10 24-03-21.jpg

As more work gets done and when we are allowed to mix up again I will add more photos.

Dave

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
I thought it might be appropriate to post a couple of photos showing the Station area.

Island Platform passing loop_1.jpg
Island Platform passing loop_2.jpg

In between the second track and the passing loop (far right) there will be an Island platform 13 ft long. Enough to take a 6 coach train and a loco slightly over hanging the end of the platform slope, at least that's the plan.

Dave

Last edited:

Keith Phillips

Western Thunderer
Some lovely shots Dave. The evening sun has lent a certain amount of atmosphere to the pictures.

I look forward to seeing your project progress.

All the best,

Keith

isambardme

Western Thunderer
I thought it might be appropriate to post a couple of photos showing the Station area.

View attachment 140796
View attachment 140797

In between the second track and the passing loop (far right) there will be an Island platform 13 ft long. Enough to take a 6 coach train and a loco slightly over langing the end of the platform sloop, at least that's the plan.

Dave

Thanks for posting photos of the line. What do think about about a couple of full size primroses, say, at the edge of the lawn by the station.
Anyway, look forward to seeing the station take shape. Somewhere for freight trains to shunt, etc.
Best wishes, Steve

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Thanks for posting photos of the line. What do think about about a couple of full size primroses, say, at the edge of the lawn by the station.
Anyway, look forward to seeing the station take shape. Somewhere for freight trains to shunt, etc.
Best wishes, Steve

Hi Steve
We have loads of wild Primroses around our garden, here's a photo of the entrance to our house.
Before the Primroses come out we also have a lot of Snowdrops that cover most of our flower beds, behind the sign are the green leaves from finished Snowdrops.

Primroses at front of house_2.jpg
Dave

isambardme

Western Thunderer
Hi Steve
We have loads of wild Primroses around our garden, here's a photo of the entrance to our house.
Before the Primroses come out we also have a lot of Snowdrops that cover most of our flower beds, behind the sign are the green leaves from finished Snowdrops.

View attachment 140962
Dave
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the photo. I always think that snowdrops are the harbingers of spring. When the primroses are in flower it reminds me of seeing them on grassy banks as a youngster. Happy days and we can now also look forward to summer garden railway days !
Steve

SouthernFan Ian

Western Thunderer
Very nice Dave, at least now you can have six people in your garden so your modelling skills can be appreciated by others.........and I bet there will be some mighty fine cake to mark the occasion?
Regards,
Ian

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Very nice Dave, at least now you can have six people in your garden so your modelling skills can be appreciated by others.........and I bet there will be some mighty fine cake to mark the occasion?
Regards,
Ian
Next first day with sunshine and little wind the invites will go out Ian. I shall have to have words with Mrs Kipling (my wife Ann) in regards to the cake.
Dave