Gauge O Guild Spring at Kettering in March show is now off

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I have just been notified that the Gauge O Guild's Spring show in March 2021 has been cancelled. See below

Hello to all,
Following the Government announcement on 22nd September that includes the following quote:

"The spread of the virus is also affecting our ability to reopen business conferences, exhibition halls and large sporting events, so we will not be able to do this from 1 October.
The government’s expectation is the measures described above will need to remain in place until March”.
(Link to document below)

The Gauge O Guild Events Committee and the Management Committee have decided that it is sensible to cancel the Kettering Spring Show, due to take place on 6th March 2021

The safety of our organisers, exhibitors and visitors has to be our first priority and I cannot see exhibitors or visitors wishing to attend when the Government expect the latest restrictions to be in place until March.
It is a great shame but I think we have to be realistic and proactive by making the decision sooner rather than later.
Please note that we have not paid anything to the venue or to hotels and traders and societies have not made any payments yet.

If our virtual show on 31st October 2020 proves successful, we may plan another for Spring 2021
Fingers crossed for our Summer Show in Doncaster on 5th June 2021

Thank you

Jackie Kneeshaw
Gauge O Guild.
Chairman of Events & Trade Manager

This means that the next large scale show will be ALSRM Reading in May Fingers crossed.

Marc