Grahame's N/2mm bashes

Discussion in '2mm Lounge' started by Grahame Hedges, 16 August 2019.

1. John57sharp

John57sharp Western Thunderer

Excellent Grahame. Interested and impressed!

John

2. Grahame Hedges

Grahame Hedges Western Thunderer

A bit of progress on the gasholder station. These two buildings are unfinished and need details, like gutters, downpipes, vents and flues, made and added.

DSC_0303red.jpg

In addition I've made the security/gate house (although also not quite finished) that is at the entrance to the site on the Old Kent Road:

DSC_0285red.jpg

I've also made a start on the gas showroom that was on the Old Kent Road but on other side of the entrance road from the security/gate house. And the next building project will be the booster/pump house that should complete all the structures needed for the gasholder station scene.

3. Grahame Hedges

Grahame Hedges Western Thunderer

Slowly chipping away at my 1970s/80s gasholder station entrance scene. I say entrance as the site it is roughly based on went back behind the backscene a long way and included three further holders, a school (the regional training centre), van and lorry petrol/diesel station, vehicle work shops, central laboratories, test houses, DED stores, appliance warehouses, works canteen and a large staff car park built on the former retort houses and other works production buildings. However, much of all that has also now subsequently gone with just the large holder left (being grade II listed) and the district offices and former medical centre near the entrance.

DSC_0322red.jpg

There's still a lot to do including structure details and ground cover scenics like asphalt roads, paving, gravelled areas, boundary fencing and just a smidge of grass. Making the gas appliances (cookers, fires, refrigerators, unit heaters, etc) to go in the display windows of the gas showroom is likely to prove tricky, or at least fiddly. They'll be tiny.

4. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

It's a nice collection of buildings.

It is the attention to the details which makes the difference such as the odd shaped buildings, mixture of building periods and materials, transformer, sub-station shed and portakabin which set the scene.