Hello

Archie Atkinson

A Geordie exile in Abingdon on Thames who models BR North Eastern Region circa 1960-1967. Presently building a Piercy/DJH Q6. Got a set of Alan Harris correct pattern wheels for it in Scaleseven. Building a 16' X 3' shunting plank to run it on.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Hello and welcome aboard.

As you've probably realised we like lots of photos to illustrate posts.

Now, a Q6… that sounds like it ought to have more than the usual three driven axles.

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Welcome Archie,

Like you I am fairly new to this forum but I have found it a very warm and friendly place unlike some other websites I could mention :rolleyes:

Chris

JasonD

Western Thunderer
Archie you sound pretty satisfied. Well, my 7 month old grandson is moving to Abingdon on April 1 (hang-on am I missing something here?) and his parents aren't interested in trains so ...! OK, I know it's down to me. Welcome to the south and WT.
Jason

Archie Atkinson

Hello and welcome aboard.

As you've probably realised we like lots of photos to illustrate posts.

Now, a Q6… that sounds like it ought to have more than the usual three driven axles.
Best freight loco ever built. Alas one of the loco's I never got a chance of a footplate ride. Got a lot of mileage on Alnmouth's K1s and a J39. Plus a bit of mileage on a J27 and a 9f and 400yards on the holy grail....an A4.

Last edited:

Archie Atkinson

Welcome Archie :thumbs:

Steve :cool:
Welcome Archie :thumbs:

Steve :cool:
Archie you sound pretty satisfied. Well, my 7 month old grandson is moving to Abingdon on April 1 (hang-on am I missing something here?) and his parents aren't interested in trains so ...! OK, I know it's down to me. Welcome to the south and WT.
Jason
Definately a friendly crew. Was 'leaned' on by a tribal elder of the Iceni tribe to join WT and also a member of a Scaleseven Seven group from Sudbury Suffolk.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
scratch built by Geoff Holt

DSCF2296.JPG

when Geoff returned home after this photo was taken, at a North Wales & West Cheshire running day - 31.05.2008, he discovered a mysterious 'glue blob' on the cab roof - it took him three months of careful attention before he was satisfied that it had gone - without trace!

IMG_0971.JPG

the man himself with the 'repaired' loco, almost two years later to the day.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

even a Southerner like me appreciated it when I first saw it. In fact Geoff built a batch of three, of the other two, one went straight to Japan, the other to New Zealand

cheers

Mike