Hi Everyone!

Colin M

Western Thunderer
I'm new to the site, :)

I am fairly new to modelling in O Gauge. Prior to "catching the bug", I have experience in OO and EM guage.

I'm particularly interested in BR Blue and Network SouthEast periods, in East Anglia.
I'm currently researching King's Lynn Stabling point in the late 80's with a view to building a new exhibition layout. Looking to talk to anyone who has photo's of this location, particularly in it's later years.

This site seems to have a keen western region following... Ill dig out a couple of photos of my big-trains hymek conversion. It was the project that got me hooked on O guage.

Speak soon,

Colin.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I am fairly new to modelling in O Gauge....
I'm particularly interested in BR Blue ....
Welcome, seems as if you will fit right in to the troublesome quarter... the vociferous BLUE gang will be along shortly :rolleyes:

regards, Graham

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
HERE!!!!!!!!! well,well,well another one, you green meanies are well and truly outnumbered. Ignore us matey you will find we are all (well some of us are) Harmless just having fun. Welcome and enjoy your self

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Colin and welcome:thumbs:

As Jordan says lots of pics please:D as many of us cant read:))hence why were at the back of the classroom:))

Rob

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Welcome in, Colin!

And keep on with the model building, it's the only way to improve your skills - posting piccies on here will really encourage you to persevere . . .

Ian

S

SteveO

Hello Colin, very interested in the Triang conversion as I have one tucked away for a rainy day* too.

(*rainy day is not a literal term or I'd have it finished by now!)

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Hi Colin welcome to the forum. I'm just the other side of Stortford from you. Don't let the name fool you - there's a healthy contingent of Eastern, Southern and Midland modellers on here too.

If you're free on the last Sunday of the month a number of us pile down to Sudbury where we're building a 7mm layout called West Mersea to S7 (33mm gauge) standards. You're welcome to come along and join the mêlée, drink the poison masquerading as coffee and scoff the pork pies. And we might even succeed in persuading you to push your wheels out by 1mm ;)

Although it's LNER and set in 1946, there's a broad spectrum of periods represented from pre-Group to the BR blue nutters aficionados among our number.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Hi Colin, fancy seeing you here! Welcome aboard and as has been said there is an excellent S7 club over at Sudbury. I need some support to bring West Mersea into the 70's!

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Welcome, seems as if you will fit right in to the troublesome quarter... the vociferous BLUE gang will be along shortly :rolleyes:

regards, Graham

Did someone call for the Blue Brigade? Let me check with the Colonel and I'll sound the muster :thumbs:

Welcome Colin

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
.............Although it's LNER and set in 1946, there's a broad spectrum of periods represented from pre-Group to the BR blue nutters aficionados among our number.

Hi Colin, welcome as Ade says you'd be most welcome at the WMR, but don't forget to bring a straight jacket mate:))

ATB, another Col

Colin M

Western Thunderer
Wow! Thanks guys! :D I've never seen such a warm welcome to a forum.

I'll get some pics posted very soon. (Seems like a perfectly good reason to sneak away early from work and get on with it!)

S7 sounds interesting! A club that meets on Sunday's would be ideal for me too!

Looking forward to talking. And hopefully getting a firm nudge to stop armchair modelling and actually get something done.

Best,

Colin