History of Railways (FREE -Twitter conference)

AJC

Western Thunderer
In my other life, as some of you might know (@phileakins, @Overseer and others), I'm a medieval historian working in a university (though mostly in my garden shed at the minute).

For a variety of complex reasons, I've become involved in New Tracks in the History of Railways, a conference through the medium of Twitter. I'll be talking about the development of Minehead after the Second World War with reference to the changing role of its railway, including the arrival of Butlin's, the changes wrought by preservation and how long it takes to build a link road. There's lots of (more) interesting stuff too from allegedly serious historians, museum professionals and others who may or may not be closet enthusiasts blowing their cover. Here's the programme:

New Tracks in the History of Railways Conference, 17-18 September 2020 - London Reconnections

It's free to access and you don't need a Twitter account. More details at the conference Twitter home page: https://twitter.com/NTiHoR2020

Do please take a look - one of the aims of the exercise is to encourage connections between what for a better word is called the enthusiast community and people who do history for a living. Since I straddle that divide, more or less, this is me putting my money where my mouth is. I'd be interested to know what you think.

Adam