Hymek lumps.

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
Gentelmen, Can anyone tell me what the 2 raised oblong panels are for on one end of the Hymek's , under the sliding window? Don't know if this is A or B end.

regards

Rog.

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
Guv, these are approx 2ft long by 6in and over a foot apart and there are 2 per side :scratch:

regards

Rog

28ten

Guv'nor
Purple-haze said:
Guv, these are approx 2ft long by 6in and over a foot apart and there are 2 per side :scratch:

regards

Rog
Now im with you :laugh: :laugh: I was looking at the cab sliding window!! Havent a clue :headbang:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Purple-haze said:
Gentelmen, Can anyone tell me what the 2 raised oblong panels are for on one end of the Hymek's , under the sliding window? Don't know if this is A or B end.

regards

Rog.

Hi Rog

I stand to be corrected, but I believe they are ventilation slats for the battery compartments. The fuel tank seems to take up all the space between the bogies, so it follows that the batteries are inside somewhere.

Does anybody know for sure?

Regards

Dan

D1054

Western Thunderer
I'm not sure either, but I think Dan's right. Similar to the air vents on the Deltics by their nameplates, I too believe they were for venting around the batteries.

Attachments

• Hymek.jpg
    Hymek.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Hymek.jpg
    Hymek.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 74
D

D1015

You are correct, these are the strengthening struts for the battery shelving which are located on either side of the engine room.