Inspection Saloon/TIC DB999508

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

can anybody point me to a source of any drawings, floor layout plans and information regarding this vehicle please.

I have found quite a few photos on the web - www.departmentals.com was a good source, it's just some basic information I am seeking. I understand that the Inspection Saloon was built at Swindon in the 60s - was this a new build or a conversion - if so what was the donor vehicle? It was rebuilt into the TIC in the 80s, at Cardiff Canton? and modified again in 2003, again, any information would be helpful.

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

just received an email from Shawn Kay to say that he is starting work for DB999506/8,9 this coming week, so make sure that you don't spend all of your Christmas money.:thumbs: I'll keep you posted of any further information that I receive.

Seasons greetings to all - and lets hope that Santa gets the gauge/scale right for the pressies.:))

Mike

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

just received an email from Shawn Kay to say that he is starting work for DB999506/8,9 this coming week, so make sure that you don't spend all of your Christmas money.:thumbs: I'll keep you posted of any further information that I receive.

Seasons greetings to all - and lets hope that Santa gets the gauge/scale right for the pressies.:))

Mike

Hi Mike,

I wasn't a member of WT back in 2010 but having just seen this I've got lots of detail close up pics with measurements taken a few years ago if they'd be helpful to you/Shawn?

Cheers

Tom

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Tom,

many thanks for the offer, I'll PM you with my address. I had obtained some detailed pictures some time ago and forwarded them to Shawn and you can never have enough photos. I think that initially Shawn will be producing the orgiginal Diag 1/552 coaches DB999506/8 & 9, but I have asked him if he will also produce the vents for the heaters that were fitted in the 80s in 8 & 9 - they were also a 'standard' conversion fitting on a number of other Inspection Saloons, so they would also be useful for the kit bashers like me.