Strictly speaking now that Morfa has gone, everything is a distraction, viz. a subject for Area 51 rather than something Western or large scale; I thought it might be a good idea to separate out the different strands of distraction, so here goes. Though I can't see myself building any more EM gauge stock, I can't yet contemplate a wholesale conversion of my existing toys back to OO. Efforts of late have involved a mix of retail therapy and trawling through boxes of unfinished projects to see what I can muster. Big (for me) ticket retail therapy came in the shape of an 8F, a loco I've always liked and one which I'd never contemplated in EM as the thought of conversion put me off. I posted an out of the box photo in 'distractions' but to retain some modelling credibility, here it is part way through the weathering process.. That was going to be that as far as shopping was concerned until I was offered a 9F for twenty five quid. Unused and as new I just couldn't resist. Yesterday I took of the printed 'Cock of the North' nameplates that Hornby applied; today it's been running in on my circle of set track. It too will need weathering. Meanwhile on a more wallet friendly tack I'm a reasonable way through tarting up one of my stash of Hornby 25s. Work done on the body so far includes removal of the paint guide lines on the cab front and corners, similar surgery on the cab nose handrails, extending the nose doors upwards so that they finish in the right place in relation to the windows, reinstating the detail lost in that process and finally attending to the exhaust arrangements on the roof. I've also lowered the chassis on the bogies, which improves the 'sit' of the model. I spent quite a long time engineering out a lean to one side when the model was assembled. Eventually I tracked it down to the un-powered bogie which had one axle slot at one corner less deep than the other three causing the whole thing to cant over. Five minutes with a file to cure but a couple of hours to diagnose.