Louville Lane Cameo

Alan

Western Thunderer
Whilst taking photos of platforms 5&6 (the other 4 platforms are beyond the back-scene) A short engineers train was stabled at the fuel point for a few hours. No oil delivery for a few days.

All are kits, , the Lamprey and Tunney are Chivers and the Grampii Parkside
Those who followed the Wencombe thread may recognise them.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
The lighting and shadows in the platform shots really make it. Excellent work Alan :thumbs:.

I presume platform lights/lighting are part of the detailling stage.

Alan

Western Thunderer
I'm not too sure about that, I do think that layouts with lights on when it's meant to be day light look a little unrealistic. Particularly layouts set in the summer months, as most are, when there is an awful lot of daylight around. I seem to remember that there was always a certain amount of gloom under station canopies

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I was thinking more of dummy lamps suspended from the roof trusses down the centre of the platform. Either similar to these at Manchester Piccadilly (one of my mid 80's photos).

0001 Manchester Pullman 02.jpg

Or globes as at York (one of my dad's 60's slides)
0001 York Steam.jpg

Simpas

Western Thunderer
Lovely engines, the York picture reminds me very much of my own youthful train spotting days at Durham from the battlements behind the station.... I think if lighting underneath canopies is to be contemplated my own view is that very low intensity may be best so lights can barely be seen to be on. Grand pictures though, both model and real.

Mick S

Alan

Western Thunderer
Some more detailing done, non working lights under the canopy and over the end of the footbridge, if you can see them.

and a couple of general shots.

If you look closely at the last shot you may see some new fencing put at the end of the lines either side of the platform

Alan

Western Thunderer
A little bit more detailing, point levers now in place in the yard.

and another person added, as the it tends to be the faces of figures that give the game away I always try to position them so that they never face the front of the layout. I normally have them with their back to the viewing side. This one needs turning a couple of degrees as if he has just come out of the shed and is walking down between the shed and the refuelling point.

Alan

Western Thunderer
I started work on the lower fascia panel, making a template out of scrap foam board.

A coloured version

I can assure you it wont be quite that yukee.

I also worked on the grass bank to cover the middle 2 point actuation switches.

I used my standard base of hanging basket liner. more work to be done yet.