Magazine MLI 212 - Class 35Hymek

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I came across this in Smith's Chester this morning, wondered why there has been no comment on WT.

Only had a quick look this afternoon before being called to the hospital, the contents seem ok, not too many preserved photos.

Will peruse deeper tomorrow.

cheers

Mike

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I have enjoyed this issue and as much as the Western one. The Hymeks were in charge of the commuter run from High Wycombe to Paddington in the early 1970s and gave a very spirited performance, sometimes the driver would run fast enough to catch up on the previous Marylebone service and that would mean yellows from Seer Green on to West Ruislip (at that time the four track section between W. Ruislip and Northolt Jcn was in use).

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Other than taking out of the packet and flicking through I haven't got to this one yet - still enjoying the 2-parter on the HSTs. And I think I missed one on the 89-91 electrics which is a little annoying!

Steph

Western Thunderer
Other than taking out of the packet and flicking through I haven't got to this one yet - still enjoying the 2-parter on the HSTs. And I think I missed one on the 89-91 electrics which is a little annoying!

Steph

Hi Steph :thumbs:

Usually pick missing issues up from shows at cost price.

Steve :cool:

daifly

Western Thunderer

Steph
They will send them to you post free. You can order online from here

ZiderHead

Western Thunderer
Lots of useful stuff for the modeller here, the pretty rare shot of the headcode illumination is an example. Shame theres no photos or drawings of the cab bulkheads - would have been especially useful since I can't find any images online of them. £4.50 with free P&P strikes me as a bit of a bargain compared to many books with similar info/pics :)