7mm Modern Outline Kits - Standard 4 Tank (FS)

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
I have wanted to build an MOK kit since I first saw an almost finished build of this kit running at a Lincolnshire Poachers running day, way back in 2010.

Anyway this is the FS version of the kit, a version in S7 is also available.

BoxClosed.jpg

Opening the box reveals a number of packets, icluding lots of lovely brass & nickel silver castings, plastic brake shoes, cast white metal firebox (the only white metal) in the kit.

BoxOpen.jpg

The unassuming front cover of the instructions & part listings.

InstructionsCover.jpg

Example of part listing (with pictures for the most part)

CheckList.jpg

Example of instructions, lots of photos & diagrams

Instructions.jpg

Exciting times ahead.

More detailed picture of the box later. Please tell me if I post too many photos.

Dave

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
Best Beloved and I had the S7 kit, but we sold it on unbuilt. A shame, really as I would have enjoyed the challenge.

Heather seeing how you have put together various kits & the challenges which have arisen & you have worked though, I don't think this kit would be a challenge. Even for me as a novice builder everything just goes together as it should.

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
Not finalised the loco I plan to model, I should consider a Croes Newydd loco because the photos I have seen the locos have been all been very grotty, also I could build an MOK 64xx to go with the standard 4.

I am working on the parts which will be built as per the kit, front pony truck, rear bogie, frames etc.

Also I cannot start the boiler yet as I am await a set of rollers from Metalsmith.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Yes, I believe so, and I quite fancy building it with working Lentz valve gear, but I wouldn't pop my name down as I have enough engines to build as it is.

They're not part of my chosen region at all, but quite like them, and would think about one if it came on the market, but certainly wouldn't want him to base a production run on my possible future purchase. The 80000 tank in S7 was a similar situation.

JB.

Mr Grumpy

Western Thunderer
I built his 4mm 08 around 30 years ago! My only prior experience was a DJH 1366 pannier.
The 08 was not only exquisite, but a massive boost to my confidence!
Eagerly awaiting the 9f, if the boiler needs rolling Dave, after your experience gained from your standard 4, I will send it up to you ;) :thumbs:

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
I am in the process of building an S7 version of this loco. Chassis and superstructure are complete, all the little details and pipework now to be done. The kit whilst fairly complex is a delight to build with the very accurate slot and tab construction making assembly pretty easy and foolproof. i will dig out some photographs asap.
Tim

Snap Dave I also purchased this kit in FS from Dave some time ago and had not started it as I was building a Duchess for a good friend.
I now have the chassis at an advanced stage, very well designed kit a pleasure to build slightly different way of building the usual kit
however much better and quicker build.
Enjoy

Donald