Magazine MRJ 246

AJC

Western Thunderer
The postman has just hammered on the door and thrust a hard-backed envelope postmarked Oxford into my hand.

MRJ 001.gif

Now leaving aside the rather nice piece of 7mm scale Great Easternry on the cover, tucked away towards the back is my first modelling article, commissioned by guest editor, Karl Crowther which details - inevitably - the assembly of a 4mm wagon (see my thread - or the magazine - for more about that).

More interestingly, for everybody else no doubt, there's a feature on one of the pioneering finescale layouts, Metropolitan Junction, that also serves as a preview for EXPO EM in May, a write up of Tollesbury Quay (the cover star) by its creator, Martin Stringer, a preview of Kier Hardy's stupendous Hornsey Broadway and a lovely piece of modelling improvisation by Hywel Thomas.

Adam

Last edited:

Simon

Flying Squad
Congratulations Adam, a good article and it's nice to see Justin's bits getting more exposure - I'm hoping to have him at Larkrail this year (16th July).

A great issue I thought, Karl's writing is every bit as good as his modelling and the two layouts featured show fascinating differences in the approach to the hobby over sixty odd years.

Long may it all continue:thumbs:

Simon

Alan

Western Thunderer
Nice article Adam

I also found the article and photographs of Tollesbury Quay something else. The atmosphrer of the Blackwater marshes have certainly been caught and that is one of the best backscenes I have seen, To quote Eric, "Can you see the join".

Reactions: AJC