The knickers to realism thread. I think...

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Nah....
20210501_193755.jpg

You mean you haven't finished it yet.... ;) :D

Northroader

Western Thunderer
That assembly looks quite promising, though, Lyddlow Goods goes West, plus a depot. With a bit of your top level track laying, you’ll be on a winner.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
You're in luck - it seems that 800 is a valid toll-free number, so all you have to do is remove the first '0' :thumbs:

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Years ago we stayed a night at the Gage Hotel on the SP at Marathon. Magic. The Sunset Limited, late as usual, rumbled past at dinner time (cabrito with apricot sauce). Then through the night one SP freight after another. Lots of photos which I am sure are on WT.

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Here in France the grandes lines are not always fenced. Lots of delays between Montpellier and Nimes due to accidents.

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Seeing the Chinese restaurant sign reminds me of a journey on the M25 a few Christmas's ago. The traffic was horrendous and we obeyed the rule by staying in one lane. It turns out this rule works well because we noticed a medium sized van in the next lane with its owner's name Wing Yip. We knew of the company because they have a huge Asian food distribution centre in east Birmingham (Nechells, I seem to remember). The company's slogan is Wing Yip, all the Chinese you need to know! Well, after about two hours of trailing each other we started to imagine if the driver was wearing a Mao jacket and other fantasies. Eventually we reached the M40 and we soon moved ahead, never to see the van again. The van and its driver kept us reasonably sane for which we will be forever thankful.

Neil

Western Thunderer
In York, many years ago, when an apprentice at the carriage works, I used to cycle past the Fung Kee Chinese Laundry.

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Just a few more pics of what laughingly masquerades as the 'main line' at Enderlin, as apart from the leaning caboose I don't think I really caught the flavour of the full catastrophe that is the Jordan track there....
View attachment 161323

View attachment 161324

View attachment 161321

View attachment 161322

Ah, that's better!! :)

Rails, tie plates & spikes are all now painted.
Just missing crippled joints. Simple to add, file a small groove in rail head to represent the rail lengths then place small screwdriver or similar in groove and wallop with a hammer. Adds the extra bump to the swaying. You might want to try on the siding first.