D

D7093

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I got into railways at a very young age and although I have no interest in the railways of today, I do find anything from the late 50's to early 80's of interest and especially from 1966-74 period, so I'm sure their will be plenty for me to catch up with on this site.

I've modeled in many scales over the years from 2mm to 1/32 and even now I still seem to be flickering from one scale to another. But I guess my main interest is modeling 4mm in EM gauge, a practical scale at a sensible size and an easy to work with gauge. Also with plenty to offer in the rtr market these days, it make it much easier:)

I see most people on here are modelling the larger scales, which is a bit out of my league nowadays, but hopefully I'll be able to add something to the smaller scale, weather it be WR 60/70s, or probably more so, something related to Area 51.

Trevor.

Simon

Flying Squad
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I got into railways at a very young age and although I have no interest in the railways of today, I do find anything from the late 50's to early 80's of interest and especially from 1966-74 period, so I'm sure their will be plenty for me to catch up with on this site.

I've modeled in many scales over the years from 2mm to 1/32 and even now I still seem to be flickering from one scale to another. But I guess my main interest is modeling 4mm in EM gauge, a practical scale at a sensible size and an easy to work with gauge. Also with plenty to offer in the rtr market these days, it make it much easier:)

I see most people on here are modelling the larger scales, which is a bit out of my league nowadays, but hopefully I'll be able to add something to the smaller scale, weather it be WR 60/70s, or probably more so, something related to Area 51.

Trevor.

Hi Trevor - welcome!

Your cut down Slaters box van continues to give great pleasure whenever it comes out of its box:thumbs:

Simon

(still doing the 1/32 thing - but hell I'm slow. Currently putting a SW digital chip into D6319, still at the fixing speakers into a soundbox stage, perhaps I'll get down the shed after I've washed up:)))

D

D7093

Hi Trevor - welcome!

Your cut down Slaters box van continues to give great pleasure whenever it comes out of its box:thumbs:

Simon

(still doing the 1/32 thing - but hell I'm slow. Currently putting a SW digital chip into D6319, still at the fixing speakers into a soundbox stage, perhaps I'll get down the shed after I've washed up:)))

Hi Simon and thank you.

Glad you've still got the 12t van, was an enjoyable little project that one. Can't understand why Slaters have never gone for doing it in 1/32, but I guess it wouldn't do anything to improve sales.

I do miss the 1/32, will have to get together one day with the rest of the lads.

Meanwhile my contribution to the D63xx's, is some Dapol 4mm ones receiving numbers on my workbench at the moment, not the same I know.

Trevor.

D

D7093

Welcome and enjoy yourself join the boys from the BLUE stuff (you know you want to;))

Thank you,

Agree with the blue and yellow, but also like the earlier stuff. It the colours that came after that scare me:eek:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the forum Trevor. When you get a spare moment, I'm sure we'd all like to see some pictures of what you've been up to please. :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

D

D7093

Thank you all for the welcome, hopefully I'll be able to contribute something in the near future.

I did finish D832 Phill, but as with all my 7mm it ended up been sold on to someone local, as did most my 7mm. On occasions I still get to see it in action, along with many of the others.

Ian, that'll teach you to go to pub:p the Spring Bank does some excellent beer. Whoops! wrong thread, but I'm sure we'll be able to contribute something about railways;)