News from JLTRT

pete waterman

Western Thunderer
I must say, the Prototype Deltic seems to be an odd choice. However it is a beautiful loco. And it's famous world over. So that may boost sales. It's such an icon. The Class 14 seems to be a lovely choice, I may get one.
I saw it the first night in traffic so its very special to me and it fits my layout as we have Brinklow on the West coast main line. Yes I will step back in time and be ten again.

Overseer

Western Thunderer
The 47 cab looks good to me, in the photo as I haven't seen the real thing. The addition of the small curved ridges above and below the side windows since the cad rendering in post #89 may not be obvious but they add a lot to capturing the character. The area above the front windows and the roof vent also look better now. Looks very promising.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
:eek: That looks pretty bang on to me, I was trying to have a 'dry' year this year but this will be hard to resist, the DJH face always looked the best to me and this is easily equal to that with the added fidelity of cast resin.

The only, and I mean only minuscule (easily fixable by the modeler if one is so inclined) bit that might need a tweak is the radius of the front screen ledge with the nose/cab side sheet metal work, I'm talking a 1 gentle rounding of the edge and fully accept it may be the light in the photo that's making it look a little sharp. I'd have to see it in the flesh to be sure.

The roof horn cover also looks spot on, that's quite often not right.

I can see me picking up two or three of these in the next few years, a couple of early two tone green, one with Serek and one with original radiators and one to convert to class 57 007 which I had a cab ride in on the Port.

JB Models

The Class 47 looks marvelous. Will different versions be catered for? I would love to buy one as my very first kit build. I'm more of the modern scene person. So I would like to model maybe a DRS, Colas Rail, West Coast Railways or Riviera Trains one. I'm sure they are all different sub-classes.

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
I would like to model maybe a DRS, Colas Rail, West Coast Railways or Riviera Trains one. I'm sure they are all different sub-classes.

There's a good overview of the different sub-classes here that ought to help you work out the ones you're after.

Cheers

Tom

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Spoke to Pete at Kettering show and I was very pleased that he confirmed he'd be producing some Bulleid coaches. Not sure which types yet but great news anyway.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Two new BR banana Vans coming from JLTRT with LMS variants to follow.
I've had the pleasure of seeing the latest 3D printed samples of the other forthcoming BR vans, the class 47 under frame fuel tanks ETC. The quality is out standing

mickoo

Western Thunderer
the class 47 under frame fuel tanks ETC. The quality is out standing
I saw the cab at Doncaster and it certainly looks like this will be the kit to go with, certainly body wise, for shape and ease of build. But I think the MMP underframe might still just have the edge for fidelity but that's simply down to the medium being used. I've not seen the JLTRT underframe in the flesh but I reckon it won't take much to fine detail it.

I'm certainly planning to pick one up at Telford, early BR(E) Finsbury Park engine, D1500-1510 or LMR Crewe based (sans Sereck radiator shutters). I've got an MMP shelf queen class 57 and might transpose parts of the bogies from that, or certainly investigate swapping parts over. Most diesels I can gloss over minutia, but class 40, 47 and Deltics, afraid not ;)

Mick D