Oh buffers !@&!!!@&

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Ouch not too much damage Eh Cynric Ah well you can cut up the damaged cab and put it in the 16t mineral

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
Ian, you know what kids are like  :shit: still it was my fault. Anyway, Im now going to sit down and look at your windows this week

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Yes don't I just my 2 year old walked into the living room the other day with a freshly assembled 16t mineral in her hands and as cooley as you like walked to me and gave it to me without me asking for it phew lucky or what

Ian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
When it finally gets rebuilt I will rename it Western Disaster, anything that could go wrong, has gone wrong with this build  :headbang: I think a black cat must have crossed in front of it somewhere  8)

sorry to hear that Cynric. The cat wasn't covered in hydraulic fluid by any chance, was it?

regards

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
I don't know, Mike, but this build has just been a disaster. I built a 20 to comission earlier in the year and that was in and out of the workshop within two weeks.  I will aim to wrap it up by the end of the year, but in the meantime I have lots of bits to complete.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric,

it's amazing how you can get your teeth into something and produce a cracking result in no time but take your time on something special and pigs ears come into it very quickly. Years ago, did a Wills Southern H 0-4-4t in Southern lined green in about two weeks - great, but the West Country is doing it's best to keep me away from the workbench - started it best part of two years ago now and still lots to do.

regards

Mike

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Pah!

2 years is nothing.

I bought an MMP Duchess to celebrate the birth of my first child (well, that was the excuse at the time, and I'm sticking to it)

On Sunday, we are attending the christening of my first child's first born...... and the Duchess still isn't finished. OK, it's built and going through the paint shops, very slowly, but still.......

Just had a thought  :scratch: Should I buy a new kit the celebrate the first born of my first born. Hmmmmm.......

Richard

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
...it's amazing how you can get your teeth into something and produce a cracking result in no time but take your time on something special and pigs ears come into it very quickly. ...
I don't mean this to sound the way it might, but I'm glad it's not just me, then..!!
ashamed0006.gif

It's one way that I've found on-line Forums to be a real eye-opener... in the mags all that gets published are the successes, with any problems the builder had glossed over and overcome with a wave of the magic modelling tool; "real time" accounts like this show it isn't always the case. :shit:

G

Graham Powell

Hi all, It is really amazing how some models go together like winky and others are a struggle. I scratchbuilt a Brighton H2 Atlantic in a few weeks and it went together as neat as anything and was a brilliant runner from day one. Same with the Britannia. I remember thinking that the boiler and firebox were going to be tricky and I did it an evening. Another engine can be hard work and the Compound I am making at the moment has been apart three times though now I've got it right ( at last!).
Another problem with me is changing my mind. My scrapbox is full of chassis that have been started, in some cases nearly finished and then thrown out as I tried another "bright idea". Note to myself, "do not change mind". I think the longest one here as been the DJH 9F which lay 90 percent finished in the box. I just lost all interest in it. Now I've finished it and it runs well and I'm pleased with it but what  a struggle.
regards to all
Graham Powell :thumbs: :wave: ;D

28ten

Guv'nor
Jordan said:
I don't mean this to sound the way it might, but I'm glad it's not just me, then..!!
ashamed0006.gif

It's one way that I've found on-line Forums to be a real eye-opener... in the mags all that gets published are the successes, with any problems the builder had glossed over and overcome with a wave of the magic modelling tool; "real time" accounts like this show it isn't always the case. :shit:
I think a lot of mistakes I make are due to building at the end of the day when my concentration tends to drift. When I used to get 'quality time' at weekends I used to get more done with fewer errors. As a rule I will no longer use machine tools after 8pm because I make too many mistakes or miscalculations (removing a few thou too much off wheels etc).

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Just to make things even better, my youngest got into the kitchen this morning  and decided to play  with 'Diesel ten'    :eek: resulting in a damaged cab  :headbang:  fortunately Laurie is sending me a new cab  so a big  :thumbs: to JLTRT for customer service.
When it finally gets rebuilt I will rename it Western Disaster, anything that could go wrong, has gone wrong with this build  :headbang: I think a black cat must have crossed in front of it somewhere  8)

Clearly 28ten jnr is no rivet counter ::) as Diesel10 is definitely a Warship    ;D...........only joking  ;). I'm glad JLTRT have resolved the problem  :thumbs:

Phill  :wave:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
"I think a black cat must have crossed in front of it somewhere "

well that would explain all my c... ups i made attempting to make some lineside buildings over the weekend , as my black cat kept jumping up on to  the work area .  Thats good service from JLTRT im sure you will finally create a model to be proud of  :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
westernfan said:
"I think a black cat must have crossed in front of it somewhere "

well that would explain all my c... ups i made attempting to make some lineside buildings over the weekend , as my black cat kept jumping up on to  the work area . 

A black cat likes to live in my workshop too, which probably explains a lot  :scratch:...........well that's my excuse :vista: ;D

Attachments

• XL802034.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 1

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Nice variety of livery on the cats Phill :)) :)) You need one in BR blue with warning yellow eyes :)). OK i will toddle off to work then :shit: ;D

Rob :wave:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Blimey, looking at Phill's cats there, I'd say the Aliens are already amongst us
character0089.gif
...!!! :eek: They look like they belong in Area 51 for sure, hopefully contained within a very strong force field...
character0129.gif

.... sorry, what was this topic about, originally..?!? :vista: