7mm On Heather's Workbench - Prairie ago-go

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Thanks everyone. I’m not sure why we left getting married so long. It won’t be a big affair, just a quick register office thing. We hope to be able to have a bigger family gathering later in the year as a proper celebration.

83A7D242-9D64-4A6B-A788-BFD05363DA80.jpeg

Some satin stuff got squirted at the loco body. It’s been so long since I last used the airbrush I forgot I hadn’t given it a thorough clean. So, the first job was to give that a going-over. Then the airbrush-ready varnish actually needed a drop of thinners before it would spray nicely. I guess those tins need chucking out now. Under normal circumstances, I’d have got new supplies at one or other of the exhibitions through the year. I’ll sort out an order from Precision in the new year now.

Next job: find somewhere warm and dry and cat fluff-free for the loco to dry.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks everyone. I’m not sure why we left getting married so long. It won’t be a big affair, just a quick register office thing. We hope to be able to have a bigger family gathering later in the year as a proper celebration.

Oh! We were all anticipating being there. An arch of Garratts at arms length had been proposed.:))

Brian

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Congratulations to you both, it’s nice to have some good news with all that’s happening in the world at the moment.

Nothing like a 30 year road test to find if you are meant for each other :thumbs:.

Martyn.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
:oops:

Aww, fanks guys. :)

The quiet register office affair is as much to do with Covid restrictions as anything. The pair of us, two witnesses and the officials - that’s it.

Anyway, the satin varnish went in sort of okay. I’m setting up for a second coat, after this pooter finishes its update anyway.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Note to self: remember to clean the airbrush paint cup properly at the end of a session. :rolleyes:

I had to spend 20 minutes cleaning mine to ensure the spray was constant.

I am considering another airbrush in the new year, one with a top-mounted cup, that I can use for smaller and detail work. The current machine is fine, but the separate cup can be a bit of a nuisance.

Second varnish coat on, and the bodywork is back in the airing cupboard to dry. I’ll tidy the bench and reassemble to chassis now.

adrian

Flying Squad
I will add my congratulations and say it's about time too. Best beloved should feel suitably chastised that it's taken this long. I really do hope you enjoy the day - although I suspect you would prefer to make it a quiet affair - so make the most of it and given the current circumstances I sincerely hope you can make it a special day and one that yourself and BB will remember. You both deserve it - all the very best from all of us on WT.