Robs little hut

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Further progress has seen the window glazed, also the roof and chimney pot fixed on,
photo-9.JPG

The roof was initially glued on with the Aliphatic resin glue, then a bead of Araldite was run inside around the joints by using the hole in the floor, the chimney was fixed using the Araldite after painting and spraying with Dullcote,
photo-8.jpg

The chimney was finished off with a bit of roofing lead available from Dolls House suppliers,

photo-7.JPG

Just an alternate view, still need to source a door Knob but not the end of the story.........
cheers to all, Rob

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Whilst at the Fosse event last weekend i came across Woodbury Models and invested £12 in a GWR 1927 Fog Hut, according to the instructions it's been modelled from a drawing issued from Swindon in 1927 and can be made with the doors open or closed. The first step is to build up the inner frame onto the floor,
photo-8.jpg

Now it is time for the thinned varnish to water proof it so more later, cheers Rob

taliesin

Western Thunderer
A week later and much varnish and i have fitted on the back of the hut and one side, seen here from the inside and from outside,
photo-14.jpg photo-15.jpg

I reckon this could be built in a couple of hours if water proofing was not required but doing it this way it should last a whole lot longer :), cheers Rob