S7 Show Mark 7th October

farnetti

Western Thunderer
The annual S7 show at Mark will be held on October 7th at Mark Village Hall, Mark, Somerset, TA9 4NY from 10.00am to 4.00pm.

All are welcome, not just S7 members. Admission has been reluctantly increased to £8 but includes tea, coffee, biscuits and cake. Lunch (both hot and cold this year), if required, will be held at £5. Unfortunately we cannot accept credit card payments so please bring cash for entrance and food.

Layouts will include the demonstration track as usual, Arun Quay (O gauge FS) by Gordon Gravett, North 9th Street, New York (P87) by Neil Kinison, Pol Sands (S7) by Ian Roll, and a 7mm FS shunting plank under construction by Lurie Griffin.

Traders included are Lionheart Models and Masterpiece Models. The S7 stores will also be attending (please place orders to be picked up beforehand if possible). We may also have some 2nd hand items for sale.

There will be track building demonstrations for both standard and narrow gauge track. We will also have a 3D printing demonstration.

Feedback from previous years highlight it is a great venue to catch up the old friends and make new ones, as well as discussing with others modelling in general.

Please note that our insurance does not cover any items attendees may bring along to display or run on the demonstration track.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Dave (@daifly),

Phoenix Coal and Dean Forest Coal Co. were running in a Lydney-Coleford Jcn. empties.... can be hired to service Beaufort Mill.

regards, Graham

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
I wasn't able to attend this show as I am currently in Spain, not just down the road to Mark. Having seen the list of layouts above I was intrigued about North 9th St, New York in P87. Did anyone take photos please?
Sorry to intrude on the S7 meet but that has got me wondering.
Cheers
Julian

DougT

Western Thunderer
I wasn't able to attend this show as I am currently in Spain, not just down the road to Mark. Having seen the list of layouts above I was intrigued about North 9th St, New York in P87. Did anyone take photos please?
Sorry to intrude on the S7 meet but that has got me wondering.
Cheers
Julian
Julian

Heres a couple, I didn’t take many (and these don’t really do it justice) but it’s a cracking layout.

Doug

IMG_9338.jpegIMG_9339.jpeg

pcalkel

I must say, Saturdays open day was one of the best S7 ones I have attended, all the visiting layouts were very nice.
Paul

CrankyChris

Julian,
The layout is owned/operated by the Mendip Model Railway Group. They share the same premises as the Somerset ‘chapter’ of the S7 Group so maybe someone from the group maybe able to shine some light.
The NMRA also had a stand next to the layout so maybe the layout has featured in their house magazine, Roundhouse.
The layout was also exhibited at RailWells in August and Callum Wilcox produced a video of the exhibition on his YouTube channel, SDJR7F88 and appears at approx 3:40. It is preceded by Bridgewater in 7mm which is also special.
I hope that the following link works:

Last edited: