7mm Shelf Queen Rescue - LSWR M7

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
That's great Ian, thank you for taking the time to post. My only question is can you coast at speed with the regulator shut?

Cheers Mick

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
That's great Ian, thank you for taking the time to post. My only question is can you coast at speed with the regulator shut?

Cheers Mick
Mick - Sorry 'bout the delay here, my life is crazy . . .
'Coast at speed with the regulator shut' - Hmm. Not exactly, I'm afraid. The DCC controller that I have is 'set the desired speed' only.

Ian

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Well, it's time to come out of my hole and climb back onto my hard stool.
It has been nearly a month since I posted any pix of my M7, but I've been working hard on it in the background.

Here's how the front and rear looked before I restarted work on the loco :-
DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

And here's a shot of how they both looked before I put the loco into the paint shop :-
DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

And as you can see, the two 'after' shots are complete :shit:. I think my camera was trying to go walkies on me, and I didn't spot the problem until after the loco went into the paint shop.

I *will* post more piccies of this loco as/when the painting is done, but don't hold your breath waiting. . .

Ian

Edit. It's a real shame that the last two pix didn't turn out as I was trying to show that I've added some suspension chain to the steam pipes front and rear. :shit: again. - Ian