This Is All About Me, Me, Me,

D6331

Western Thunderer
"Now isn't that spooky - 'The Yank' that Paul refers to is Lance Mindheim, and last night, when Paul tried out the NCE Powercab, the friend we were visiting was also playing one of Alan Keller's Great Model Railroad dvd's of Mr Mindheims now sold 'N' gauge empire."

And what a great night out it was too! Trains, beer, more trains, more beer - mmmm roundy roundy

Roger:):)

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Now isn't that spooky - 'The Yank' that Paul refers to is Lance Mindheim, and last night, when Paul tried out the NCE Powercab, the friend we were visiting was also playing one of Alan Keller's Great Model Railroad dvd's of Mr Mindheims now sold 'N' gauge empire.
http://www.lancemindheim.com/blog.htm
Scroll down to a blog entry on/about April (12th ?) 2012 and then scroll back up the page for the later entries - all in relation to sound, using a chip mounted below the baseboard, and feeding computer speakers.
Brian R

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it'd suit me - for a start I've got huge variety in my US-outline motive power, with turbo and non-turbo EMD units, Alco and even the odd GE or FM loco. Having the sound on board the loco makes most sense to me, I just wish all manufacturers put a volume control on a function button like ESU do.

I also enjoyed the two video links on the June 22nd 2012 entry - love the sound of those turbo 645s....

Steph

B

Brian Rolley

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it'd suit me - for a start I've got huge variety in my US-outline motive power, with turbo and non-turbo EMD units, Alco and even the odd GE or FM loco.
Having the sound on board the loco makes most sense to me, .................................

In my case, I have a small 'shunting plank' - urban setting, early 70s featuring several Cl.08s.
My intention is to use one chip below the board, to provide sound for the different 08s - other locos, could rely on their own sound system.

Brian R

Paul Rolley

Good to see you're on here Paul - a belated hi! Looking forward to seeing your latest in a few weeks!
Hey you get two responses.......... this being no 2.
I am here as a result of my primary desire, early 1970s hydraulics......

thanks for the welcome.
My, me,me,me thread today has me whoop whooping....
I Collect my pair of laser cut MDF baseboards for Ranelagh bridge (2) tonight, the sector plate being pre cut through the base, the CAD plans have all been ammended and work starts next week on trackwork,
the Bachmann tennement block windows are in the process of being isolated with card separators being cut (and curtains)
internal Lights from LEDs are to to fabricated having been purchased from Ikea at 4 quid for 30, (3 sets in total alternating illumination is the desired effect im after.
I have had an email from a large livopudleon retailer to say that tommorow my track arrives, as do the TTA tanks,
Have sourced some PC speakers over the weekend, and will try my sound chips through them over the week.

all in all things moving ahead nicely.

TTFN

Rol.