Those Black and White Days

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
You can certainly link elsewhere.

I am a great admirer of MPS's work, and there is bu**er all in his photos to indicate the subject is a model.

Wingrovesque in the detail.

Thanks for posting the link, it really is marvellous stuff.

Richard

Bob

Western Thunderer
Thanks for posting that link Steve. Never heard of this chap before.
I'm in awe of that guy.....pure genius.....sorry but must lie down with an ice-pack on my forehead as my wee brain can't cope with telling those models from the real thing!:confused:

Bob

Western Thunderer
I think I'll give up now.:(

I know how you feel Alan:'(.

Just bought a copy of his book through Amazon.....had a gift card for them otherwise I would obviously have bought it from that nice chap in Bath:rolleyes:.
The book will either inspire me to do better or at worst take up knitting!

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Not wishing to appear to denigrate the astonishing work of Mr Smith, but let's not forget he is working at 1/24th and 1/18th scales, which are pretty large compared to even the 1/32nd scale models some of us work with. What he manages to do, though, is use simple techniques to present models in a realistic fashion, and photograph against a real world backdrop - a technique that's been used by film-makers for almost a century.

Even so, it's inspirational. We could all learn a lot from what he does and how he does it. It doesn't make me want to give up, but to try harder! :thumbs:

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Pleased that the MPS links have been enjoyed.

I've got to agree with Heather. I think his work is fantastic and I get enthused by observing that he has clearly found what he is very, very good at. I'll celebrate that and try just that bit harder on my next project :)

Steve

Bob

Western Thunderer
Only joshing folks, you're not getting rid of me that easily s0234.gif
As I'm sure Alan is too.
The old mojo is somewhat lacking at the moment and getting the book should provide a shot in the arm.
Not that I have the space to model the dark side mind....it'll be good to look at something new though.
After events here over the weekend I've decided not to go down the garden railway route either. Bl**dy intruders in the back garden, the police came amazingly quickly (a wave of burglaries across Cheltenham so they're ready) but he'd scarpered.
Maybe an over-reaction to rule a garden line out but not at this house anyway:(.