Time to introduce myself

Crab and Winkle

Hi everyone

I've been on here for a couple of days so I thought an introduction would be in order.

I have been modeling O gauge for the last 18 months or so. My layout is to be an extension of the Brightlingsea branch (hence crab and winkle) to St. Osyth in Essex around 1951-52. Due to the proximity in time and place I have had a bit to do with some members of the West Mersea project and this is what has brought me to this forum.

I live in South Australia and my previous modeling has been HO/HOb dual gauge Australian National Railways circa 1989. This is known as the green and gold era and is not much modeled (or liked) as It saw the old SAR CR Silver and Red and Mustard and Maroon liveries replaced by the corporate green and gold on Locos and wagons together with the closing of many lines. My old layout Kadangi and Ten Chain Crossing has been dismantled for the moment but for good ANR modeling I would recomend a look at Barcoola http://barcoola.blogspot.com.au/
Of which I am a big fan.

Cheers

Bill

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... I have had a bit to do with some members of the West Mersea project and this is what has brought me to this forum. I live in South Australia....

Welcome Bill, please continue with posts about Thames Barges, lovely creatures.

How do you manage the time and cost of attending the West Mersea meetings!!!!

regards, Graham

Crab and Winkle

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I've only been to one West Mersea meeting (last September) although I have been to the real West and East Mersea many times. I wouldn't mind beng there today or at Sudbury for that matter as it is 44C here in Adelaide today with the bushfire rating at Catostrophic.