Tool Gloat

28ten

Guv'nor
As part of my drive to finish some models I decided it was time for a new compressor and airbrush. My existing Badger compressor is 22 yrs old :shock: and is rather noisy, the airbrush is of the same vintage.
I chose an Iwata compressor and airbrush deal of the Power jet lite compressor, HP-C double action airbrush and an extractor unit (which has yet to arrive) which all cost a silly amount of money, but fortunately I cleared some old stuff out on RMweb :D and I have just taken on a commission for a Finney 47xx which will pay off the bill :D
Now I have to learn how to use it :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3079.JPG
    IMG_3079.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3080.JPG
    IMG_3080.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 41

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I have just taken on a commission for a Finney 47xx

I fancy one of those myself in BR lined green. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Any chance of seeing a workbench thread on the one you're building? :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Dan Randall said:
[quote=""28ten"":1o4uc8qy]I have just taken on a commission for a Finney 47xx

I fancy one of those myself in BR lined green. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Any chance of seeing a workbench thread on the one you're building? :thumbs:

Regards

Dan[/quote:1o4uc8qy]
I will see if I can get permission to take some shots, i know hes not keen on them appearing on t'internet. The spec is for O/F, Slaters wheels and the biggest motor we can fit as its going to be a working model as opposed to mine which just sit about all day :lol: :lol: Im relieved to say I dont have to paint it!

II gave the airbrush its first go tonight and its so nice to have a quiet compressor and I really like the way it cuts off until needed :thumbs: I have a fair bit of practice to do until I will feel confident enough to paint something.