Welcome to the MRJ Cameo Competition

Discussion in 'Rules and admin notices' started by Simon, 20 April 2017.

1. Simon

Simon Flying Squad

Welcome to the part of Western Thunder that Adrian has kindly made available for entries to and discussion of the Cameo layout creating competition announced in Model Railway Journal issue 254.

Timing

Please note that the competition timing has been extended to allow more time for entrants. The final display of winning and shortlisted entries will now take place at "Railex" in Aylesbury in May of 2019 rather than 2018 as originally announced.

Entering the competition

All competition entries need to be registered using the form provided and all entries need to be received on or before Saturday 23rd September 2017. Completed entries may be emailed or sent by post, email to cameocomp@wildswanbooks.co.uk or post to WSB Cameo Competition, 3aUpper Lambridge Street, Larkhall, Bath, BA1 6RY.

Rules

Each entrant needs to have purchased a copy of Iain Rice's "Creating Cameo Layouts" published by Wild Swan Books, which describes in detail what a "Cameo Layout" is in the context of this competition, in addition to providing ideas and source material for would be Cameo builders.

Judging

The competition will be judged by Iain Rice, Gordon Gravett and Chris Nevard, initially using material submitted by entrants by means of written or electronic media, including threads on this forum. It is hoped to include actual viewing of entries by one or more judges for as many entries as possible, particularly after initial shortlisting. Entries need, for all practical purposes, to be completed before and in time for potential exhibition in May 2019 at Railex in Aylesbury.

Entry form attached below.

Simon Castens and Iain Rice April 2017

Attached Files:

Last edited: 21 April 2017
    Stumpytrain and BCN-Pete like this.
  2. D6356

D6356 Western Thunderer

Hi
    Just sent in a "form" hopefully more will follow
    Robert

3. Simon

Simon Flying Squad

Hi Robert

Many thanks for your form, one of several so far I'm happy to report:)

Simon

4. AJC

AJC Western Thunderer

Much obliged - I've been in sunny Aberystwyth and hadn't noticed the shift in that particular goalpost. By 2019, I might be able to do something (heavens, I might even have the space to do something!).

Adam

Last edited: 23 April 2017
    PMP likes this.
  5. BCN-Pete

BCN-Pete Western Thunderer

Simon, hi

Registration form duly completed and submitted by email.

Pete

Simon likes this.
  6. Simon

Simon Flying Squad

Great, thank you Pete.

Quite a few entries in now and a definite cameo "buzz" about the hobby I think:)

Simon

BCN-Pete likes this.
  7. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

I have also sent my form in just now.

Simon, Pencarrow and BCN-Pete like this.
  8. Form duly sent off

Let the fun begin

BCN-Pete and Simon like this.
  9. D6356

D6356 Western Thunderer

Well form sent back last week and now 2mm track being built and making use of some in hand track. Boards next but first working out a small scale version to check out one person moving by train as I do not drive - conditions of travel allow around 1000 mm length allowing for wheels. might need use of access ramps! certainly stock will fit in a little box.
    Robert

10. Scale7JB

Scale7JB Western Thunderer

I'd like to enter and have an idea for something which I've been thinking about for a while now, but it's time and space..

Not sure it's gonna happen sadly..

JB.

11. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

Build a TARDIS and there's no problem then.

jonte likes this.
  12. Scale7JB

I'd need a Relative Dimension too..!

JB.

13. David Varley

David Varley Western Thunderer

Get a family member to help you!

Scale7JB likes this.
  14. Scale7JB

Very good!

JB B

15. Simpas

Simpas Western Thunderer

Good afternoon,

I'm one of those 2FS 'ers and have arrived here because a little project I'm currently working has been entered in the MRJ Cameo competition.
    When I'm more familair with the set up I'll put up some pictures which show a cameo baseboard at a very early stage of its construction. I will be using 2FS trackwork (of course) and the most recent addition to the turnout building range, the pegged chair variety.

Back soon

Mick S.

Last edited: 14 May 2017
    queensquare, Dog Star and adrian like this.
  16. Nick Rogers

Nick Rogers Active Member

Hi Simon,

Please could I set up a threat in the Cameo section please for my St. Breward project?

Kind regards,

Nick

17. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

Sounds a bit ominous! ;)

Pencarrow and jonte like this.
  18. Nick Rogers

D'oh! That should have been thread! ;)

19. adrian

adrian Flying Squad

Hi,
    I've tweaked the settings - you should now be able to post a new thread in that section - any problems then please let me know.

20. Nick Rogers

Thanks Adrian.

Regards,

Nick