What has happened to Scale Hardware

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
I've been trying to get onto the Scale Hardware site but keep getting re-directed. Anyone having the same problems or are they out of business?

Jon

Overseer

Western Thunderer
I've been trying to get onto the Scale Hardware site but keep getting re-directed. Anyone having the same problems or are they out of business?

Jon
Apparently closed down permanently according to one of the US model armour sites. Not sure what the story is but bit of a nuisance.

markjj

Western Thunderer
It's a complete pain I keep trying it but to no avail I hope it either comes back soon or someone takes over where they left off. If anyone wants rivets there is an alternative supplier nuts and bolts are another problem though....

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
I contacted Bob Breslauer at Scale Hardware in July. He was dealing with a health issue and was hoping to be back "soon" with products available in Autumn. Fingers crossed that the business does come back to the marketplace.

Ian

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
Mark
I can get 1/32" rivets but not the 0.5mm that Scale Hardware supplied. Do you have a source for the smaller ones?

Ian
Fingers crossed indeed.

Jon

markjj

Western Thunderer
I'm getting my rivets from a company in Poland Called R B Models they supply bits for model boats mainly they take a little bit longer to arrive than the scale hardware ones. I am not sure which sizes you want but I don't think they do the same range as scale hardware I think the very small ones are not on their list unfortunately. Here's the link though if it's any help.

RB Model - home page

richard carr

Western Thunderer
Grandt Lines offer some alternatives but they are injection moulded plastic you do get a lot for your money though.

Richard