Wheel For Mk1 Guv

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
I have a JLTRT Mk1 GUV to play with as a first coach build in 7mm. Would I be right in saying I need 3'7" disc wheels for this and would Haywood Model ones fit rather than Slaters?

The instructions that came with the kit (for Mk1 passenger stock!) make no mention of wheels and have had no reply as yet from JLTRT.

Any info greatfully received.

Thanks
Anthony

28ten

Guv'nor
Should be ok with Heyward as long as they fit in Slaters bearings, but otherwise the Slaters 3'7 will do the job.
Word to the wise, take great care, or even replace the w/m truss supports. Oh and the instructions are no help as they are generic rather than specific, but iirc it is fairy simple.

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the info!

Think from memory of the quick once over I gave the box the truss supports (I guess you mean the chassis underframe? - sorry, still new at this!) is a brass etch. The instructions would be semi-helpful..........if they related to the kit they were boxed with!

Seems a fairly straight forward kit so should go together ok - famous last words!

28ten

Guv'nor
I think you will find part of it is w/m. Make sure you run a skawker down the half etch of the truss angle before attempting to fold. It makes it much easier to get a 90deg bend. I was given one to build a while back, if you run into any problems I can dig it out, but it does look fairly simple