Woke Madness

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
It seems that the ORR ( Office of Rail and Road ) are going woke insisting on anything that has the 'PULLMAN' branding now has to be called PULLPERSON so as not to offend certain minorities !
This means coach's such as used on the steam specials and at preservation sites will have to be re-painted/sign written etc. even down to the menu cards in the buffets that are used on some specials, and it goes further the second man on diesels now has to be called second person, firemen now fireperson also on steam loco's.

Crazy !

Col.

Max M

Western Thunderer
If you think that is daft then here in Cumbria the council has advised the term 'Manhole' will be rep[laced with 'Person cavity' and 'Manhole cover' with 'Cavity shield'.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
What influenced me was a report on the radio a couple of days ago about a publican who ' as a joke' advertised a ploughpersons lunch the complaints he got were interesting, still back to normality :rolleyes::)) ....I did wonder if the £2,200 pay rise the MP's gave themselves was an April fool, they must be struggling !

Col.

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
If MPs' pay rise – granted at a time when everyone else seems to be suffering a massive rise in their cost of living – is an April Fools, then the joke is on us.

Richard

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
MP's pay rises are a joke on us any time, not just April 1st. :mad:

I subscribe to the Douglas Adams theory of Government:- Those who want to be in power should automatically be disqualified from standing for election, due to their ambition.
There is more to the theory but I can't remember it offhand at the moment.

djparkins

Western Thunderer
MP's pay rises are a joke on us any time, not just April 1st. :mad:

I subscribe to the Douglas Adams theory of Government:- Those who want to be in power should automatically be disqualified from standing for election, due to their ambition.
There is more to the theory but I can't remember it offhand at the moment.

It's kind of the old anarchists thing - the fact that you wish to rule over me renders you unfit to do so.

BTW I was going to a local meeting of The Apathy Party last week but it was cancelled due to lack of interest!

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I noted one of the pesky rascals not only gets a decent salary, subsidised restaurants, and gawd knows what else, but also claimed almost a quarter of million in expenses.

I'm afraid I was rather lost for curse words after that.

adrian

Flying Squad
I was chuffed this morning as a favourite parody site of mine was retweeting some of their usual wind-ups when I pointed out that they should post a totally genuine photo description as an anti-parody post.
RAF_luton - 2.jpeg

and lo and behold and hour later to catch everyone out! :cool:

RAF_luton - 1.jpeg