2mm Agm 2012

queensquare

Western Thunderer
(hmm, maybe I should be blaming Simon C and Camrail too :D ).
Steve
Welcome to the small but comfy seats,
I think blaming that Castens chap is always a good place to start - he has a photo of Highbury at Camrail in very basic form in the days when my hair wasn't grey!!:)

As to what to build, a wagon is always favourite to get you going. Having built a few lately for my c.1970ish stock box I would heartily recommend anything from the Stephen Harris range. They are fantastically designed, go together beautifully and make up into exquisite little models. If you want something slightly earlier in period then there are loads in the Association range that would be suitable but I would go for one of the Chris Higgs designed all etched kits for no other reason than they are pretty much complete. The GWR Toads are very good and I particularly like the MR kits, cattle, box and coke various.

I'll do you a deal Cookie. Get something 2mm built for LarkRail next year and I will finish the 1/32 wagon I started ........ years ago. How about it?

Jerry

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Sorry, comfy seats are available only in the day care rest centre... and 2mm FS members are not allowed in the rest room on principle ('cos they are 2mm and FS modellers). What you have got in the 2mm Lounge are bean bags.... just in case any of you lose your marbles and feel the need to count some beans :D .

Sorry, comfy seats are available only in the day care rest centre... and 2mm FS members are not allowed in the rest room on principle ('cos they are 2mm and FS modellers). What you have got in the 2mm Lounge are bean bags.... just in case any of you lose your marbles and feel the need to count some beans :D .

Absolutely. As a finescale modeller, my hairshirt is kept especially rough and irritating. Buddhist-like, my modelling room is minimalistic with not even a bean bag (or finished model) in sight! ;)

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Ta :)
As to what to build, a wagon is always favourite to get you going. Having built a few lately for my c.1970ish stock box I would heartily recommend anything from the Stephen Harris range. They are fantastically designed, go together beautifully and make up into exquisite little models. If you want something slightly earlier in period then there are loads in the Association range that would be suitable but I would go for one of the Chris Higgs designed all etched kits for no other reason than they are pretty much complete. The GWR Toads are very good and I particularly like the MR kits, cattle, box and coke various.
Thanks for the info Jerry, it will make it a lot easier to choose something based on your recommendations - there is an awful lot of kits out there so its good to have some post build opinions to work with :thumbs:
I'll do you a deal Cookie. Get something 2mm built for LarkRail next year and I will finish the 1/32 wagon I started ........ years ago. How about it?
Jerry
Sir, I agree to your challenge :D
I best start having a more detailed look at the options available then....
Steve

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Ill look forward to seeing the wagon Mr Cookie.
Me too :) Project scope finalised over this weekend, just trying to get hold of Stephen Harris now to order the wagon(s), no joy over the last few days but will keep trying :)
True scatter gun modelling there, 2mm to gauge 3 :):thumbs:
Consistently inconsistent in my approach to the hobby :D Looking forward to the contrast in size and skills required...

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Hurrah, a few wagon kits ordered from Mr Harris :) They are due sometime next week so plenty of time to order the necessary parts from the 2mm Scale Association and warm up the iron (and the magnifying glasses!).

Have you got the 1/32 wagon out of the box yet Jerry :)
Steve

nightmail

Hi Jerry, it's Pete Warren. We last spoke at Warley this year. That should identify me immediately!

I'm the one that always makes you turn your locomotives upside down...