7mm 33/1 a Lima conversion

Ian G

Western Thunderer
This is how I did mine very photo intensive.

The basic strip down
33 1a.jpg

A bit of time with a fibre scratch brush
33 1g.jpg

The chassis had a large amount of plastic removed, angle brass around the edge and cross members, some fittings added and the fuel tank molding filled with lead

33 1v.jpg

More to follow

Ian G

Ian G

Western Thunderer
The underside of the chassis, I am using a JLTRT buckeye coupling in the dropped position.
33 1w.jpg

some fittings in place
33 1ag.jpg

Westdale/PRMRP/MMP fittings, the vac hose I replaced with a fine spring.

33 1ad.jpg

Buckeye temp fitted, the screw that secures the coupling also secures the chassis to the body.

33 1y.jpg

Ian G

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Fitting out the body big square bits for the sides, horn covers and grill, the mesh was replaced with one from MMP
33 1j.jpg

apologies for poor photos this was before I had a better camera
all soldered together

33 1k.jpg

and some dry fitted

33 1l.jpg

33 1o.jpg

jhockuk

Western Thunderer
Thanks Ian, they are very helpful to my build.

I really like the pic of the completed model on my post, a do like the 'dutch' paint job.

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Brian looking at my old thread on RMweb I started this in December 2008, I have spent most of the time building wagons.

The fuel tanks I left on and filled the cavities with lead.

Ian G

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Blimey, Ian, I like that a lot!
Is that a straight PRMRP+Lima build?

I must admit that when I see results like that I'd be tempted to have a go myself...

Steph

Last edited:

Ian G

Western Thunderer
The 1st 33 was Lima with PRMRP detailing kit, then extras from MMP, the hardest thing to find is the right sized fittings as the white metal castings are to large for smaller fittings. I have made the bogie frames removable so I can strip down the bogies for maintenance.

Ian G