Website 4 COR on RMweb

Simon

Flying Squad
I am utterly spellbound by the wonderful modelling that Colin Parks is doing over on RMweb, he's currently building a 4mm scale 4 COR out of Plastikard and is about to paint it blue.

He's just sprayed the yellow ends which has really brought his craftsmanship to life, if you haven't already seen it then it's really worth a look.

He's the brother of Barry Parks of "Cambrian" fame - a talented family indeed!

Simon

queensquare

Western Thunderer
I've been following this as well. Not my cup of tea as a prototype but fantastic craftsmanship. His skills with plasticard are up there with the likes of Geoff Kent - inspirational stuff.

Jerry

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
excellent work, utter dedication producing a wonderful model of a really 'plain' prototype.

cheers

Mike

AJC

Western Thunderer
...a really 'plain' prototype.

'Plain'? Mundane - at least, if you lived in their sphere of operation - yes; but far from plain (unless you mean in the sense of being unpreposessing). I've always thought - and Colin's work has proven - that they'd be a complete pain to model because of all the small details which do so much to give the unit its character. Inner suburban units don't have most of these problems and really were - and are - plain things. Top class craftsmanship from Colin however, it really is a superlative model and should be celebrated for the sheer quality of the work that's gone into it.

Adam

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
'Plain'? Mundane - at least, if you lived in their sphere of operation - yes; but far from plain (unless you mean in the sense of being unpreposessing). I've always thought - and Colin's work has proven - that they'd be a complete pain to model because of all the small details which do so much to give the unit its character. Inner suburban units don't have most of these problems and really were - and are - plain things. Top class craftsmanship from Colin however, it really is a superlative model and should be celebrated for the sheer quality of the work that's gone into it.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I did live in their 'sphere' and travelled on them from time to time, to me they had no endearing qualities, hence my comment - the models are far from plain and I can only applaud Colin's workmanship more so as it is in 4mm.

cheers

Mike

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Excellent stuff I used to watch the bounce through Norwood Junction when I were lad the corridor connections used to wave around on the front this is a really superb model :cool:
John

Simon

Flying Squad
Colin has painted the body blue and posted another picture, the result is really quite sublime.

As Russ Elliott has very intelligently observed on the thread, Colin's model demonstrates that RTR, no matter how good, will never(?) be able to "beat" scratch building at its best.

And it's all been built so rapidly too.

A really heartening thread I think and a true inspiration to us bodgers.

Well done to both Colin and RMweb:bowdown:

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Just a breathtakingly good bit of modelling, that silhouetted shot is absolutely mesmerising - pure genius:thumbs:

Simon