47580 County of Essex

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Alan,

hope all is well with you.

As a matter of interest, which 'Warning Yellow' are you using and is it airbrushed, rattle can or brush applied?

cheers

Mike

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Hi Alan,

hope all is well with you.

As a matter of interest, which 'Warning Yellow' are you using and is it airbrushed, rattle can or brush applied?

cheers

Mike
Hi Mike,

With one of my health issues seems I can still do the modelling but get tired by mid afternoon and have to have a rest then can carry on later. All the colours are Phoenix strained and thinned with white spirit, the yellow is P148 Warning Panel Yellow through a Badger Anthem airbrush.
They are having a sale of some older stock atm and got a good bargain there.

Regards

Al

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Finally finished it, now onto a JLTRT BG my first of their kits and renovating some P Cowling Pullman cars.View attachment 42639 View attachment 42640
Very nice, I look forward to seeing the Pullman cars.:thumbs:
Nothing to see Rob just a few repairs for someone who bought several quite cheap. The bodies and bogies as you probably know are scratchbuilt in plastikard and the latter can become weak with use.
So some repairs were necessary and the contact adhesive used to join the resin bogie sideframes to the bogies had dried out. Also some of the windows had popped out also. They are stunning models but not correct unfortunately as Peter makes either the parlour or kitchen car as generic models.
Car 303 comes to mind as the bogies and underframe are wrong as are the shape and positioning of the windows. The table lamps were different as were the end door windows, could upload to show you but expect you know anyway.

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Hi Isleofthanet :thumbs:

Hope your posting build pics of the BG ?.

Steve :cool:
Can do but they seem expensive for what you get and although some parts go together easy some are not and obviously have to do some research first. The roof is secured with two long threaded rods from the underframe but strangely at one end it is right at the end just where i wanted to put a KD!

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Nothing to see Rob just a few repairs for someone who bought several quite cheap. The bodies and bogies as you probably know are scratchbuilt in plastikard and the latter can become weak with use.
So some repairs were necessary and the contact adhesive used to join the resin bogie sideframes to the bogies had dried out. Also some of the windows had popped out also. They are stunning models but not correct unfortunately as Peter makes either the parlour or kitchen car as generic models.
Car 303 comes to mind as the bogies and underframe are wrong as are the shape and positioning of the windows. The table lamps were different as were the end door windows, could upload to show you but expect you know anyway.

Hi Isleof Thanet,

You learn something new everyday, I hadn't realised that Peter Cowling's Pullmans are built from Plasticard. having just started to do a bit of scratch building in plasticard I am impressed.

I would love to see any photos that you have. I plan to make some pre 1928 Pullman's myself at some point.

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Hi Isleof Thanet,

You learn something new everyday, I hadn't realised that Peter Cowling's Pullmans are built from Plasticard. having just started to do a bit of scratch building in plasticard I am impressed.

I would love to see any photos that you have. I plan to make some pre 1928 Pullman's myself at some point.
Rob,

Its very easy to make a mistake with Pullmans which are 'cars' btw not coaches as nearly every one is different, I have built about twenty five to date!
I will upload some photos of Peters models later, all the coaches he makes are plasticard with his own castings. Many years ago he did tell me how he built them and i am sure he would do the same for you
Alan