7mm Fire Extinguisher

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

Before I head down the road of make it myself, does anyone know of any modern (1970s onwards) 7mm fire extinguishers please. Something that looks as close to this as possible would be great.

Fire_Extinguishers.jpg

Cheers

Tom

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
There are similar items in a JLTRT Mk.1 kit, probably in a Mk.2 kit as well. I may be able to provide an image with appropriate JLTRT reference number in the morrow.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Tom have a word with Dennis rs he is into his fire engines and will probably point you in the right direction

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Tom, not sure how many you need, but if it is just one or two, could you knock them up yourself?

You could have a chat to GJH as they do a fire extinguisher as part of their workshop set.

http://www.gjhplant.co.uk/index.php...category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=55

Thanks all for the replies.

Phil,

I'm after 10 (at the moment) so making them from scratch will only be a last resort at the moment.

I can't see the GJH ones clearly but I'll drop them an email :)

Cheers

Tom

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
There are similar items in a JLTRT Mk.1 kit, probably in a Mk.2 kit as well. I may be able to provide an image with appropriate JLTRT reference number in the morrow.

Thanks, I'll have a look in the MK2s although I hadn't noticed any in the ones I've got. I'll have to look harder.

Cheers

Tom

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
What you have shown in the heading photo is available from JLTRT - see here - visible on the guard's side of the corridor screen... up on a shelf. Strangely, I cannot find the individual part in the relevant parts list for Mk.1 coaches... although the item does feature in the corresponding list for Mk.2 coaches (and marked for BSO only).

Weird, I recollect each Mk.1 carrying at least one fire extinguisher in an end vestibule.

Any way, the part number for the item is MM430049.

regards, Graham

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Given that this thread appears to be related to BR Mk.1s and MK.2s, might the posts be better placed in the Mk.1 resources thread?