7mm RTR Class 50 coming to a layout near you.....soon!

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Hi,

For those who don't know a 7mm Class 50 model has been commisioned and will be produced by the Little Loco Company. The idea is originally a crowdfunding project and the whole project was conceived only last Fri and has already secured the necessary funding for full development. Only members of two Facebook groups involved will be able to get any of the first 200 models but then the normal production versions will be available for general sale through LLC. It is projected that the first example will be the refurbished model and will retail for £500 non-sound and £600 sound fitted. No news is yet available on liveries but expect to see blue and later NSE feature heavily on the initial roll out. If the model matches the quality of the Class 15 then we are in for an exciting time. Here is the link to the main facebook group which is a closed group only;

It is hoped to be produced in the UK with an expected timeframe of 14 months. If you are seriously interested then register your interest and more importantly buy a model or two. Projects like this need peoples support and hopefully this will be the first of a whole new range of 7mm RTR modern image locomotives,

Thank you

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
Strangely enough you might well be having a choice of RTR 7mm class 50s. Heljan seem to have chosen today (of all days) to
announce they are also planning to release one.....

I'll say nothing more on the timing.

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Strangely enough you might well be having a choice of RTR 7mm class 50s. Heljan seem to have chosen today (of all days) to
announce they are also planning to release one.....

I'll say nothing more on the timing.
At Telford they categorically denied it saying it would'nt sell and they werent interested!

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
:D Heljan have had a major "oh :shit: " moment, I reckon. And given their track record of "nearly but not quite" models, they'll lose out big time if they do try & go head-to-head with this model. :rolleyes:
About time they had some competition to shake them up & get them out of their "good enough" attitude.

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
:D Heljan have had a major "oh :shit: " moment, I reckon. And given their track record of "nearly but not quite" models, they'll lose out big time if they do try & go head-to-head with this model. :rolleyes:
About time they had some competition to shake them up & get them out of their "good enough" attitude.

I couldn't agree more Jordan.

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
Heljan have had the UK modern image RTR market to themselves, LLC & to a lesser extent Dapol have now upset that apple cart. Long may the competition continue, now we need Mr Jones' Baby Deltic in 7mm.

Whilst I applaud Heljan for starting the UK RTR market, I think it is time they upped their game a bit.

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
I heard now on another forum that Heljan are doing the 50, seems a bit suspect to me but it is on the Tower website so it must be kosher!

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Heljan have had the UK modern image RTR market to themselves, LLC & to a lesser extent Dapol have now upset that apple cart. Long may the competition continue, now we need Mr Jones' Baby Deltic in 7mm.

Whilst I applaud Heljan for starting the UK RTR market, I think it is time they upped their game a bit.
Would be nice if they took the trouble and sorted the 'gear splitting problem' as this has been going since the get-go and affects all models. I see Olivia's Trains on Ebay have a pile of damaged Heljan Class 60s going cheap some as low as £250.