A few of my projects

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Blueeighties, 14 June 2015.

1. Blueeighties

Blueeighties Western Thunderer

LarryG likes this.
  2. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Thanks for that Lee. This airbrush-gun interests me so I have saved your link for action in the New Year. :thumbs:

3. Blueeighties

:) I'm still getting to grips with it, very different to my daily use Eclipse. I like to try different brushes from time to time.

4. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

I have used a spraygun all my life and so the trigger action is a major influence. I have looked at what manufactures call 'miniature' sprayguns, but the dimensions tell me they area lot larger than my Type MP gun with 4 oz. cup. Looking at my February 1972 DeVilbis price list, my gun was £13.02 at that time! Sadly it leaks air a lot now and beats the compressor when spraying continuously.

I have only sprayed buildings since the new compressor was installed, so the acid test will come when I spray something important like a loco.

5. Blueeighties

Yep. I looked into this one as I too was attracted by the trigger, I also bought a pistol grip with it. It is very pleasant to use. I was also looking for a bit more coverage now I mainly spray 0 gauge stuff. She far if I'm honest, it's not made much difference.

6. Blueeighties

Pretty much my least favourite job....filling and sanding. In this case, 0 gauge class 37 bodyside and cantrail footsteps. 3d rivets added to complete the job prior to re-priming and top coat painting. Come on Ben Jones, time for an updated model to save this nightmare :) 37 steps a.jpg 37 steps.jpg

michl080 likes this.
  7. Andrew eaves

Andrew eaves Member

Having just read, well looked in awe would be a more accurate description, I’m now off to your website to contact you. Simply stunning loco repaints and weathering!

Blueeighties likes this.
  8. Blueeighties

Fab, cheers, speak soon :)

9. Blueeighties

Here we have one of the rather tasty wee Cromptons. Heljan 0 gauge. Renumbered/named as 33025 'Sultan'. Roof resprayed grey, tricky roof cant rail grilles picked out in black, orange cantrail stripe added, missing leccy flashes added, weathered and DCC fitted.
    Lovely. 33025.jpg 33025a.jpg 33025b.jpg

richard_t, Deano747, David B and 2 others like this.
  10. Blueeighties

Little and large. blue 37s.jpg

David B, Mike Garwood and paulc like this.
  11. paulc

paulc Western Thunderer

Hi Lee , can i ask which paint brand of BR blue do you use . Fabulous paint jobs .
    Cheers Paul

12. Blueeighties

Hi Paul. I use Phoenix Precision, P152 B.R. rail blue post 1985.

13. paulc

paulc Western Thunderer

Thanks Lee , how did i know it was going to be Phoenix which is not available in Australia and cannot be posted over . The likelihood of anyone bringing me some back from the UK in their baggage in the foreseeable future is nix and none so i will try to colour match .
    Cheers Paul