A question of Brake cylinders on Dean Goods..where do they go?

Hello all
So, I’m close to finishing (finally) my Finney Dean Goods kit in 4mm, but have come to a standstill as to the arrangement of the brake gear, namely where it joins the brake cylinders, inconveniently (for the purposes of reference) behind the rear cab steps. Dear Mr Finney is a tad vague here, barely mentioning the fitting of the cylinders at all and certainly not addressing as to how they are fitted or join the brake rods.. I’ve taken a look at the High Level instructions, kindly sent by a member, for their chassis kit which was very helpful but…
Does the cylinder simply glue to the tail of the chassis? Has anyone else trodden this path or am I missing something very obvious?

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Robert
On the 7mm kit the brake cylinders mount on two pins that go into an extension of the frames at the rear. They should fit between this frame extension and the rear steps, to which the brake cylinders also atach on the real loco. The two pull rods on each side run forward to the rear set of brake hangers. On the diagram below the brake cylinders are on the right.
Dean Goods Brakes.jpg

The 7mm kit is to the same design as the 4mm.

Simon

Thanks Simon. My castings seem to lack any pins that might locate them. I wonder if they have been lost with the age of the mould (it’s a later kit from Brassmasters).