A question of interest?

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I have mentioned in a couple of posts that I have a 'new to me' lathe and that I am currently doing a few improvements to make it more rigid. I was asked to post progress on the Guild forum and I have a thread running there.

My question is, would it be of interest to post it here? I am conscious that it's not remotely to do with modelling and that I am a long, long way from being an expert...

simond

Western Thunderer
I think it would be a good thing to have some "reference threads" - I recently started the 3D printer thread, and there have been lots of useful contributions from a range of Thunderers, BoyBlunder & I did something similar a wee while back on cheapo Chinese CNC milling machines and if we had something similar on milling, turning, welding, soldering RSU's, etching, whatever, it can only serve to make WT yet more useful as a reference source going forwards

So please do!

Simon

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Definitely do it Rob, The lathe is one of the most useful tools that one can acquire, I love using my lathe which I bought new in 1970 A Myford ML7 wonderful machine.

Michael

Tony Overton

Western Thunderer
Yes please Rob, lets hear all about it. I haven't got space for one in my backbed room come hobby room but its nice to see what others get up too with their's.

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
As a great admirer of "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" where the more tools you have the crazier you become, please do keep us informed, entertained and educated!

I should probably add that Tim Allen, the comedian, just loved to bring on the most ludicrous heavy tools to his TV sit com. His antics inevitably resulted in disasters, something we all need to be aware of and avoid!