JimG

Western Thunderer
Does Templot have the US-geometry points (turnouts!) on it, i.e. using the US system of "Number 4", "Number 6" etc, and using the US pattern of Ties (sleepers)...?

I'm interested in getting O scale plans of these size turnouts, to see the sort of space they take up etc, with the long-term aim of making my own, if an idea at the back of my head ever sees the light of day... Marcway offer a sheet of "photoplans" but being a thrifty tight-fisted type I'm seeking alternatives (i.e. Free) to paying money for a lot of plans I wouldn't use....:rolleyes:

Jordan,

At the moment it doesn't but it does allow you to design custom turnouts and these can be to North American standards. Here's a sample thread from the Templot forum discussing North American practice with some templates designed to the US standards.

http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?id=380&forum_id=1&highlight=american

But I think you have to watch out since various US companies had their own standards for trackwork.

You might like to know that the new version of Templot will be free to download and use, so the software will be free and you could do it yourself.:D

Jim.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
You might like to know that the new version of Templot will be free to download and use, so the software will be free and you could do it yourself.:D

Jim.

FREE !! did you say, FREE !! I paid I think it was £45 for mine and I still can't get to grips with it :mad: :'( :'( I find it so b***dy frustrating :headbang:.

Martyn.