Photo ABS/Cavalier Commonwealth 7mm bogies

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I've contacted Adrian but he hasn't been able to send any pics. So does anyone have any pictures of the ABS, formerly Cavalier, commonwealth 7mm bogies please?

Cheers

Tom

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Adrian would have to go into his dark room & mix up some chemicals to do that - in between typing instructions on a stencil for his Gestetner machine! You gotta love the guy!

Haha, you just caused me a lot of googling. But I've got more of a grip on printing history now. Are the bogies from an equally far back era?

Cheers

Tom

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Are the bogies from an equally far back era?

Cheers

Tom

Cheeky little whippersnapper! Some of us remember the Gestetner factory (close to Kodak Colour Processing in Hemel Hempstead) and have actually used one.:p

To save you more googling, Tom, Kodak made, and still to a much smaller extent still make photographic film, a means of recording images on a plastic substrate without, necessarily, the need for electronics. You'll find one or two other old codgers on here have used this technology too.:)

Best regards.

Brian

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
To save you more googling, Tom, Kodak made, and still to a much smaller extent still make photographic film, a means of recording images on a plastic substrate without, necessarily, the need for electronics. You'll find one or two other old codgers on here have used this technology too.:)

Bloody silly idea; next thing we know you'll peddling that rubbish about music recorded on black plastic disks.:))
Actually I have recently come across somebody who didn't even know what CDs are; made me feel very old...

Steph

djparkins

Western Thunderer

Best regards.

Brian

Indeed - I used to love my old darkroom but it is old history now!

The bogies date back to Cavalier Coaches time and were first released in 1982 or '83. IMHO they are still the best available.

DJP