Trade ABS Models To Close for a Limited Period

djparkins

Western Thunderer
As some members may have read on another forum, ABS Models is to close for a limited period, as Adrian Swain has to undergo medical treatment/surgery.

As Adrian is a member of this forum, I'm sure that all members will wish to join me to wish him a successful outcome and a very speedy recovery.

I could not express these sentiments on the other forum as the thread has been locked this morning - the posts having degenerated into 'Adrian Bashing' [a favourite pastime with some, it seems], rather than a thread for conveying good wishes to him.

Get well soon Adrian.

Best Wishes,

David Parkins
Modern Motive Power

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I absolutely concur, David.

Many of my builds would have been made a lot more difficult without castings from Adrian, so best wishes from me and get well soon, Adrian.

Brian

Mike W

Western Thunderer
I hope the strike didn't have any impact on Adrian's operation today.

I never read the "other" forum but have done so today after the comments above and am encouraged by the widespread support for Adrian with only a small number being in any way critical. A a small manufacturer I have received enormous support from Adrian over many years and am proud to call him a good friend. I know several other manufacturers and at least one model railway club who would either be much poorer or probably not here at all, if it was not for Adrian's kindness and generosity.

At the last couple of exhibitions Adrian has been physically struggling but he was adamant that he must be there so as not to let customers down. That is how Adrian is and I believe what keeps him going is mainly this sense of duty to other enthusiasts.

From Williams Models, get well soon Adrian because if you're not well enough to come here for a while we'll be coming to get you!

Mike & Denise

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I can't claim to know Adrian, but we have stayed at the same hotel when attending Telford:).

I too would like to wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he's back in business soon with a nice backlog of orders to help him make up any loss of earnings while he has been ill.

Chuffer

There are many of us who owe a lot both to Adrian and to his kits and bits that have kept us busy over the years.

I should also like to wish him a speedy recovery and hope all has gone well.

Cheers,
Martyn

simond

Western Thunderer
I too would like to add my very best wishes to Adrian for a speedy, and complete recovery

Best
Simon