7mm Acle End for Sutton Wen

David Orton

This is my first posting having been a member in the Background on this forum for a number of years.

I have been constructing a large 7mm Exhibition End to End Layout - It is approximately 36ft long plus fiddle yard. It is a single line Southern Railway Branchline Terminus Junction.

Below is the Track Diagram which includes the signaling arrangements:

2129_260739_180000000.png

The build started back in 2016 with the main baseboards being ordered from Tim Horn. The below couple of pictures show the layout in it's early form with me pondering over something in the corner! As you can see there is also, what is now a double track oval around the railway room for running in items of stock and for guests to give there items of stock a chance to stretch there legs. The outside loop was initially designed to branch off onto the layout via a small junction, however in the following years it was decided to separate the layout and have a separate fiddle yard (Which would be used at Exhibitions) which is located outside in a the carport. Therefore, the loop and layout are now two standalone layouts.
Early 2016 2.jpg
Early 2016 1.jpg

As you can see from the above two photos, the layout has been designed on Templot, which was then printed on A3 paper, several revisions later we had what we thought would be the final plan....!

The next set of photos is from early 2017, they show the initial track plan almost complete with the original junction in place.

Early Overall View with Minimal Buildings 1.JPG
Early Overall View with Minimal Buildings 2.JPG

Early Overall View with Minimal Buildings 3.JPG

Early Overall View with Minimal Buildings 4.JPG

As you can see from the above, all track work has been hand made using plywood sleepers and a combination of C&L and Exactoscale Chairs.

More to follow at a later date.....

Regards
Dave

Alvis

David,

A most impressive layout with lovely flowing trackwork,look forward to following your progress.

Alastair.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
The layout shows great promise with many interesting shunting scenarios . Look forward to any updates.

Martyn.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Hi Dave some lovely flowing trackwork.

One question, is your station track circuited? I only ask as there are no facing point detection bars on your signal box diagram.